non gimmicked coin magic

Aug 2, 2009
all i really know is a french drop, and i really love coin magic so i wanted to t=get into it

my problem is i dont know where to start, but i do know that i want to do any shells or gimmicks really, i know it can be very limiting, but i guess i really like to be purist about this, and coin magic is a more "on the go" sort of thing for me. so can anyone suggest where i mite find sumthing good?

also, i was thinking of purchasing the 1 on 1 "unicoin" but i was kind of hoping that was only using four coins. i know theres a slim chance, but is it or no?

coins

Here's my honest suggestion. I would suggest picking up a copy of J.B. Bobo's Modern Coin Magic from you local Barnes and Nobles. It is how most coin guys got their start. If you aren't into learning from books as you are watching videos, I would highly suggest Michael Ammars Introduction to Coin Magic. Its the first video on coin magic I ever purchased, and is a great supplement for Bobo's. You get to see the palms, techniques you can use to practice the concealments, and then practical applications for the sleights and moves.

Don't bog yourself down by buying too many effects just because they look great. Get a strong foundation in the area you wish to study, and your skill will naturally progress as you become acclimated.

Jun 1, 2009
all i really know is a french drop, and i really love coin magic so i wanted to t=get into it

also, i was thinking of purchasing the 1 on 1 "unicoin" but i was kind of hoping that was only using four coins. i know theres a slim chance, but is it or no?

I dont do coins, but unicorn is very advanced, and if all you know right now is the french drop, I would hold out for a while on that effect. Just some advice.

Mar 2, 2008
Modren coin magic and in the begging there were coins by jay noblezada.

Thats how i got my start in coins.

Jun 5, 2009
Seattle, WA
I dont do coins, but unicorn is very advanced, and if all you know right now is the french drop, I would hold out for a while on that effect. Just some advice.

Unicoin isn't easy, but I wouldn't consider it super advanced either. CK's stuff on here is pretty manageable. The simplicity of the mechanics in these routines allow you to focus on the more difficult subtleties of body language, positioning, and misdirection.

3fry is probably the easiest to get into, Unicoin is a little trickier (though CK offers a few different handling that may work better for some), and Hellbound Spellbound is the hardest of his 1on1 coin routines (mostly due to the number of different things you have to be doing at once).

I agree with Mr. Jones above that Bobo's is the way to go. I like Ammar's video as well, as he does a good job of supplementing Bobo's in video form. Both of these are cheaper than stocking up on 1on1s, but Kenner is a great teacher and I love watching him work. None of these require gimmicks and it is pure sleight of hand.

You do only use what you see in his videos as far as the number of coins go. (If this is revealing, though no discussion of technique, please delete last line)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results