Fanning and one handed shuffle problem

Jun 17, 2008
malaysia
this is my fanning and one handed shuffle and i already learn these moves for more than 6 months and still cant do it well

thumb fan/ pressure fan:
using right hand i can execute thumb fan and pressure fan but with left hand i can do nothing about it. may i know what is the problem?

one handed fan:
my one handed fan is not even and the top portion shows more than the lower portion. how to perfect it?

one handed shuffle:
i can't really do the weaving with one hand and i already try it for quite sometime.

i already have the ninja series from E which teach the fanning, T11 cardistry vol.1 and XB1 but is still can't get these moves down.

please help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9dNN6d6auk

May 3, 2008
Really the answer to all your questions is practice. Also, it looks like you were working with a brand new deck which will be a lot harder to weave than a slightly broken in deck. It helps if the cards are less stiff.

Also, occasionally during the video you fanned upwards instead of downwards. An example is the first fan you do in the video. I wouldn't do that. It just looks a bit off to me. Stick to the regular.

Oh yeah, and there's nothing wrong with only being able to thumb fan with one hand. Why would you ever want to do it with the other hand. Also, if you're fanning like that it appears you may be left handed with cards.

Aug 1, 2008
hey

it's natural to fan akward with the opposite hand just practice, for the onehanded fan instead of straddeling the cards just put all fingers on bottom and thumb on top in the center and push upward. for the shuffle look over the technique I believe it's the way you cut the pack, I hope I helped

Jul 14, 2008
First of all, are you left handed or right handed? One of the other, it's best to stick with one hand only because using both hands can sometimes mess up and often switches. For example, I know a magician of mine who does card flourishing with his left hand and does magic on the right hand. See what I mean?

To solve your problem, the thumb fan is best if you do in a brand new deck. I highly suggest you to check out Cardshark88's Fanning Videos and his tutorials. Trust me, it is very helpful. There are five fanning videos.

For one handed shuffle, it's best if you have a old and bend down deck which makes it easier to weave them together.

Jun 17, 2008
malaysia
First of all, are you left handed or right handed? One of the other, it's best to stick with one hand only because using both hands can sometimes mess up and often switches. For example, I know a magician of mine who does card flourishing with his left hand and does magic on the right hand. See what I mean?

To solve your problem, the thumb fan is best if you do in a brand new deck. I highly suggest you to check out Cardshark88's Fanning Videos and his tutorials. Trust me, it is very helpful. There are five fanning videos.

For one handed shuffle, it's best if you have a old and bend down deck which makes it easier to weave them together.

actually for cards/ flourish / magic, i am left handed, which i hold it on my right hand. for writing stuff, i use my right hand as well, which is left handed. so, i do not know which hand am i

Mar 19, 2008
My place!
as for 1 handed shuffling i could never do it. then after 2 years of flourishing one day i could do it. and i believe you always have the deck in your left hand no matter which hand. im right handed, and i always used it in my right, but i forced myself to change and got better because of it.

Oct 24, 2009
My best tips to you on the onehanded shuffle is:

* use a bicycle, tally or E deck.
* indexes up so you cn see them.
* Deck should be slightly buckled... the middle part of the index side should be little lower then the edges.
* When pushing the two packets togather, only push one side in to the other don´t press the two sides against each others.
* practise, practise........ Ohh practise.

On you fanning....

* stop trying to do it fast.....
* think of what you do.....
* use a small amount of pressure on you thumbfan.
* try to put the deck at you fingertips on you onehanded fan, and use the momentum and all your fingers to execute it.....
* practise, practise........ Ohh practise.

Main thing here is you are trying to hard.... take it slowly and look at what you do figure out what you are doing good and what you are doing bad......

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
this is my fanning and one handed shuffle and i already learn these moves for more than 6 months and still cant do it well

thumb fan/ pressure fan:
using right hand i can execute thumb fan and pressure fan but with left hand i can do nothing about it. may i know what is the problem?

one handed fan:
my one handed fan is not even and the top portion shows more than the lower portion. how to perfect it?

one handed shuffle:
i can't really do the weaving with one hand and i already try it for quite sometime.

i already have the ninja series from E which teach the fanning, T11 cardistry vol.1 and XB1 but is still can't get these moves down.

please help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9dNN6d6auk

Honestly, it sounds like you just haven't gotten the "knack" for the particular moves, that's all it is with all of those really. The fans are a matter of getting the pressure right, and the shuffle, the right pressure required.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results