Saturday Night Contest - Chris Kenner's Recipe for Magic

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Tonight's contest is inspired by an idea of Chris Kenner that's been on the mind (and plate) for a while now - using food to create moments of magic. The challenge tonight is to create a video showcasing an original and unique effect, utilizing food as the prop and means of accomplishing the trick. Note that the trick can be based off another idea in magic, only applied to food.

Examples? A matrix routine done with the pepperoni's on a pizza - or visually refilling a Gatorade bottle after consuming its contents. The possibilities are endless. You have 24 hours from the time of this posting to create and submit the video, via a response to this thread. All submissions should be uploaded to either YouTube, Vimeo, or Drop.io, for judging by Chris Kenner and our crew tomorrow night.

The deadline is 7:30pm EST tomorrow - Sunday - with winner posted tomorrow night.

We're looking for creativity, originality, and overall deliciousness. The winner will receive any theory11 video of their choice (single DVD or download) on the house.

UPDATE :: Results posted in a new podcast by Chris Kenner. Listen to it now here.

I had an idea a few months ago, to take a signed almond, reshell it, and show the same sig. on the almond in the shell. I had the basic handling worked out to do it on the back of someones hand, but I haven't put anything else towards it since i've been busy with other stuff. Would've entered it tonight if I had everything worked out, haha.

Well i'll be gone for the rest of the night, but I hope to see some interesting magic tomorrow.

Aug 23, 2009
pp

peaches to pudding, enjoyhttp://www.vimeo.com/7495254

p.s. o an thanks wEZnigma.

p.p.s. i realize that this looks like when i held the hanky up, i switched it, but this trick can be performed live for an audience, or a single person

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
My second entry:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5a3txen-cw

Although the video wasn't uploaded by me, I am performing the trick.

couple things, in these its usually 1 entry, although he didn't specify, maybe John or JB will clear that up, also he said it was supposed to be created and filmed within the 24 hour period, your two vid's are old ones. Just saying.. kinda defeats the purpose of the contest

Jan 19, 2009
Oh NO!
At night I can't wake up...
This SNC was very cool!
please again! :D
(I have some ideas for food magic :))

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results