classic palm

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
hey guys i've just recently gotten into coin magic, been working on it for a about a week now, and i cant seem to establish a decent classic palm, i'm sure its either insufficient practice, or i'm practicing it in a bad manner.

so heres my question, whats the most effective way to practice a classic palm?

keep a coin there all the time. Thats the best way to build the muscle. Where did you learn it first of all? The picture in bobo's can be misleading. Make sure you are gripping it with the correct muscles.

If you're not sure go here http://coinvanish.com/ click the "foundations" button on the left. Then you will have to click the button on the bottom and put in the password. It's "backpalm" all one word. There he shows the correct position for the classic palm and a few other useful things.

Once you're sure you have it in the right place just try and keep a coin in each palm all the time. Its easier said than done. Its not particularly hard but it takes a lot of discipline to actually keep a coin there all the time. I don't even do it all the time but I know if i did that my classic palm would be better.

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
i learned it in jay noblezadas dvd in the beginning there were coins

but i'll check out that site anyways, i've tried walking the halls at school with a coin palmed, but i'm always afraid i'll drop one of my half dollars, haha, cause their soo expensive allright, i'll keep working on it thanks for the advice!

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
whew i just looked at it, and it helped. the kids at school who would ask what i was doing and then if the could try had it in the wrong spot, and i had it in the right spot, so it was harder for me. man i feel better now. thought i was a loser!

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
haha yeah, i was just making sure i was practicing right. cause the kids who wanted to try it at school picked it up *snaps fingers* like that. and i started to question my understanding of the explanations. but they were doing it incorrectly!

Jan 24, 2010
In the moment.
I'm learning the classic palm right now too. Holding a 360 controller while palming might actually be the most aggravating thing in the world. Especially when your getting owned repeatedly on Fallout 3:(

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Mr. Ection nailed it on the head, where you hold it and how often are the two keys. Practice with the half dollar, but eventually you'll want to be able to do it with larger and smaller coins. Being able to classic palm quarters is a great asset for impromptu performances.

I know a guy who, mainly out of boredom, has perfected down to a nickle and is working on pennies and dimes. You can obviously substitute different holds instead of going down to classic palm that small of a coin.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results