Your "arsenal" for a party...

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
Something New

I would do visual and not the most common tricks. I wouldn't do too many card tricks other than a two card monte.

Keep everything visual because kids learn visually and can enjoy your magic more if it is more visual.

I would do Redline, a floss routine that I have that has patter that the kids can relate to. The floss trick I have been doing for a long time and recently saw Dan Sperry's Gypsy Thread. It is basically the same. LOOPS would be great too. And maybe some rubber band stuff and in the end have something that you can give out as a souvenir to the birthday kid, or the person who helped you or which kid is throwing the party.

Keep everything visual and have fun, don't forget to give out high fives and your business card to all the parents or anyone who is there.

Jan 17, 2010
A few balloons
2 Decks of cards
my sharpie (it used to say permanent marker. But that rubbed off)
a few gaff cards for UN-titled <--- best freaking trick ever!!!
My D-light. sort of childish but it makes people smile.
And sometimes my invisible thread
And Also possibly a double backed card for the trick that fooled Houdini.
That is pretty much my arsenal that I carry everywhere.

Apr 25, 2009
Yorktown, VA
If it was a casual thing I would not really bring anything with me at all. And all the material that I would perform would be things that are not only organic in nature but also real. Things like muscle reading little hypnosis demonstrations Prevaricator, are all quite high on my list. Aswell as things that should not be named.

D ICE R...

I really hate you mentalist. Walking around with nothing, reading people's minds. Jerks =P

Jun 2, 2010
XI'AN CHINA
when someone asked me to perform some magic tricks at a party.Sometimes I only bring one large piece of paper which has some predictions on it and a normal deck with me to perform a great trick of the chinese magician LuChen---连环预言(it's the chinese name,i don't how to discribe it clearly in English,maybe it can be called 'A series of prediction'?because it has many prediction effects about 7 or 8.)and the spectators can take participation in it.

Apr 19, 2010
Cumbria, UK
Id just take my trusty army of 52's for some impromptu card effects, and a few card cheating demonstrations (They go down well, people get facinated). Thats all i need, i mix in a bit of Mentalism aswell and thats me set..one or two decks of cards and a pen and i can *Seemingly* create miracles.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
1 normal deck of bikes
1 black sharpie w/ six of clubs reveal on it
4 or 5 size 19 yellow rubber bands
Alan Wong's yellow star gazer bands to finale with the CMH routine
1 Mismade bill and Extreme Burn
and most importantly BUSINESS CARDS

This is enough material for me to do a good 30-40 minutes if put on the spot at a party where people are bored and someone brings up that I do magic.

Normally I feel them out first and just do 2 or 3 and hand out business cards

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
Id just take my trusty army of 52's for some impromptu card effects, and a few card cheating demonstrations (They go down well, people get facinated). Thats all i need, i mix in a bit of Mentalism aswell and thats me set..one or two decks of cards and a pen and i can *Seemingly* create miracles.

Card cheating demos with mentalism mixed in? Really?

Mar 2, 2008
Two red bikes
Shoe string and ring
Four sponge balls
One folding and regualr quater
A million dollar bill
Thumb tip
Sharpie

Jan 5, 2010
Alabama
A Substitution Trunk
A long rod with some sheets
A duplicate of me
2 hold outs, one on each arm.
3 stooges
A gun for bullet catch
and The Lean.

That should keep the party rockin!

But really... I can do 10 minutes of magic with just my body parts. If I get a deck I could probably go all night. Mixed with the little bit of mentalism I know, and a couple coin tricks, I could borrow a deck and do a full close-up show. No gimmicks or gaffs.

Now.. if I were being paid to do a show, I would routine my act for the occasion and bring any props I might need. Impromptu magic is strong magic, but prepared magic can be DEVASTATING!

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Mmm. I generally go by half a dozen envelopes and index cards. I mean, it's not really about what is necessary - more what I feel like performing. If I want a deck, I'll grab it, if I intend on performing for an extended period of time, or repeatedly, may grab a notepad instead, something like that...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results