theory11 - Saturday Night Contest : The Video Scavenger Hunt

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Over the past 2 and a half years, theory11 has unveiled over 150 videos - DVD's, playing card previews, and 1-on-1 training videos - each with a preview video to coincide with its release. Tonight, you will use these videos for a different purpose... to hunt.

Below you will find 11 facts selected at random from various preview videos we've released since the official launch of the site in August 2007. Your goal is to accurately match each clue to its proper preview video (product) - using the complete theory11 site to conduct your search. The first person to correctly match each clue with the preview video it was taken from will be the winner tonight.

1. An infant lends a helping hand.
2. "Uh...should we wake him up?"
3. Innocence Long Lost
4. For move monkeys in need of change.
5. "Death was afraid of him..."
6. "One of the most interesting moves in all of magic and gambling."
7. Raiden makes a guest appearance.
8. Shirt and tie - an aristocratic affair.
9. Without further ado... The Bee Man.
10. Why so serious?
11. Coincidizzle? I think not.

Remember that all clues were chosen at random from the preview videos currently available in our media section and site - inclusive of DVDs, playing cards, and 1-on-1 videos. All guesses must be in by 11:00pm EST, and lists should be sent via email to snc@theory11.com (as opposed to posting them via a response to this thread), as to prevent anyone from stealing your answers. Limit one answer list per member, so be sure and double check your guesses before you submit them!

The winner will be the first person who matches each clue to its corresponding video correctly. You have to be 100% correct - all eleven items - to win. Our prize tonight will be your choice of any single item from the final answer list - to be posted alongside the winner shortly after 11:00pm EST. Happy hunting!

Jun 14, 2009
Interesting Contest. When you say DVDs, 1 on 1s, and playing cards, that means artist diaries are out?

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
also, not member submitted media right? only videos released by T11 themselves?

Correct - these are clues that you need to match to the preview video it corresponds to. All of the clues go with one specific preview video we have produced. All eleven are either from DVD previews, 1-on-1 previews, or playing card previews. No member submitted media, and no artist diaries were included in the mix.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
An example of how your answers should look tonight, to clarify further:

1. Dai Vernando (Answer: The Harbor Change)

Hope this clears things up!

May 18, 2008
This is HARD... Man, I spent an hour searching, and had to guess on one of them... Oh well!

Mar 21, 2010
@CRProductions - The rules of the SNC state:
All guesses must be in by 11:00pm EST, and lists should be sent via email to snc@theory11.com (as opposed to posting them via a response to this thread), as to prevent anyone from stealing your answers.

So, with that said, I would advise you to edit your post.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Time is up! Put your pencils down! This was a tough one, one clue in particular. We checked all of your submissions as they came in, and while several got many of the clues right - many with 10 out of 11 - no one got all 11 correct. So instead of having no winner, we thought it fair to pick the one who got the MOST questions right the soonest.

The person who got the most questions correct was r.zhang, and tonight, he takes home our prize. Great work - we know this one was tough!

The one question that stumped everyone was number three - by far the most difficult. The clue was the phrase "Innocence Long Lost" - and the answer was PROPHET. The phrase was printed in white ink on Tom Isaacson's black t-shirt worn throughout the preview. For a visual, click here.

1. An infant lends a helping hand. (GPS)
2. "Uh...should we wake him up?" (Control)
3. Innocence Long Lost (Prophet)
4. For move monkeys in need of change. (Be Kind Change)
5. "Death was afraid of him..." (Split Spades)
6. "One of the most interesting moves in all of magic and gambling." (Push Off Second Deal)
7. Raiden makes a guest appearance. (Lit)
8. Shirt and tie - an aristocratic affair. (Stingers)
9. Without further ado... The Bee Man. (DVR)
10. Why so serious? (Symphony)
11. Coincidizzle? I think not. (Election)

Congrats to r.zhang for the win tonight, and thank all of you guys for giving it your best shot. This wasn't an easy one, and it took some meticulous detective work to find the answers. Rock on.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
I'm not complaining over here, but its been over a month since the last time we had to actually compete via video submission. I think its time we went back to that, considering a lot of time has gone by and that some others feel as if the contests are getting weak. I'm not saying they are weak, they are great contests but i feel as for next week we should have a video contest again.

Cheers,

Casey

Mar 21, 2010
Wow, I got all of them right, except:

3. Innocence Long Lost (Prophet)
7. Raiden makes a guest appearance. (Lit)
10. Why so serious? (Symphony)

Well, I least I tried... and got close.

Nov 30, 2007
I'm not complaining over here, but its been over a month since the last time we had to actually compete via video submission. I think its time we went back to that, considering a lot of time has gone by and that some others feel as if the contests are getting weak. I'm not saying they are weak, they are great contests but i feel as for next week we should have a video contest again.

Cheers,

Casey

Who else said the contests are getting weak?

I think Theory11 is hitting the ball out of the park with these contests. First off, look at the selection of prizes they offered to the winner tonight, a very generous selection. As for your desire to participate in the video contests again, not everyone has the resources you do. Some people might not have a video camera, and contests like this allow everyone on the Theory11 boards to participate. Theory11 runs the show here and are running it well. Be patient for your wants and be grateful for the other contests.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results