Presentation and Performance - Subforum

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
Theory 11 is just about the best site there is. It just needs one more forum category on presentation and performance. Let me hear your comments on this. And if you agree or disagree. Thank you.

Apr 25, 2009
Yorktown, VA
I would say that would fit with this area right here, because that is more or less why i come to the General Discussion section. Other than that though, I guess it shouldn't be a thought that is overlooked.

Apr 25, 2009
Yorktown, VA
Agreed. Not so sure about t11 being the best site out there though.

I would say that it depends upon what you are looking for in magic. For the new age of magic taught with skill and finesse, I come here. To shop, I go else where because Theory11 only has about 100 things to sell, which is all in house materials and it makes sure that you don't get anything that the Trick Monkeys are pushing on you lately.

Apr 19, 2010
Cumbria, UK
I think this would be great, afterall magic is 90% presentation according to the old saying (Unless your doing cardsharp demo's) and it would be cool to have a place to come and talk about the actual meat of the effect and somewhere else to discuss the mechanics.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
I am actually going to disagree and say that this is a bad idea. Any threads giving advice or asking questions about presentation and performance can fit nicely here in general discussion, but if it had it's own category, people would have to go out of their way to read it, and it wouldn't get used very much by the people that really need it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 16, 2008
How about someone start a poll.
I am neutral on this matter; some will benefit, others would fall because of this possible section. What if all the new generation of magicians get lazy and just come to T11 forums to seek presentation ideas, even patter? Magician clones...brrrr..

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Just wanted to chime in and say that we most definitely take all of these ideas into consideration. I'd love to hear each of your thoughts on the pros and / or cons of a Presentation and Performance oriented subforum. From there, we can gauge whether or not we feel the area would thrive and - likewise - if it would be beneficial to the community as a whole.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts, guys. We appreciate the feedback immensely.

Oct 12, 2009
Navarre, Florida
It seems -kind of- like the Cerca Trova section but not leaving it up to t11 staff to come up with topics. I'd be interested to see where it goes. I think presentation is an underlying theme touched on constantly it may as well have its own section. It is something that should definitely be emphasized. Owning a wrench is nice but if you don't know which way to turn it you just have a big piece of metal.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results