Card mentalism

Feb 17, 2010
Moscow, Russia
I started to notice that I really enjoy performing card mentalism. So, what DVDs or books can you reccomend me to buy and read/watch? I'm not talking about pure card magic (with magical plots) but about mentalism (mind reading, deck memorizing illusions, etc). Thanks in advance.
- Alex

Sep 1, 2007
Derren Brown's Devil's Picture Book, Richard Osterlind's Mind Mysteries Vol. 2, Docc Hilford's Killer Mentalism with Ordinary Cards and Son of Killer Mentalism with Ordinary Cards.

That should be WAY more than enough.

13 steps to mentalism (don't know author off the top of my head) covers card mentalism and other mentalism. Then there is Mnemonics by Juan Timariz, which is a great book on stacked decks. I am personally a fan of his stack.

Mar 19, 2009
Calgary, AB
You want some great card Mental magic and mental magic get Jay Sankey's Boris Mental magic some mind blowing stuff in there! Jay just brought back the dvd and I believe it almost sold out already!

Nov 8, 2007
I'd say the best places to start looking are...
Paul Vigil's card work: Diplopia, Prime Cut, HCE, Sympathy (for the Devil) Cards
Juan Tamariz's book Mneumonica
Disc FOUR of Richard Osterlind's Mind Mysteries DVD series
Disc three of Benjamin Earl's Past Midnight DVD trilogy

Daniel Madison also has some nice mentalism pieces with cards.

Good luck. :)

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I'd say the best places to start looking are...
Paul Vigil's card work: Diplopia, Prime Cut, HCE, Sympathy (for the Devil) Cards
Juan Tamariz's book Mneumonica
Disc FOUR of Richard Osterlind's Mind Mysteries DVD series
Disc three of Benjamin Earl's Past Midnight DVD trilogy

Daniel Madison also has some nice mentalism pieces with cards.

Good luck. :)

Small correction, make that Mnemonica. :)

Feb 17, 2010
Moscow, Russia
Thanks a lot for your kind and advanced answers. I've already checked out Derren Brown's Devil's Picturebook and Benjamin Earl's Past midnight disc 3. They are awesome pieces of card magic mentalism.

Nov 8, 2007
Thanks for all different sources, it helps a lot!!

One more I want to throw your way is David Forrest's DVD Radio Rental. I think the material on the DVD is exactly what you're looking for. David performed some of the material off this DVD for me once and it's all great stuff. His effect Two Birds with One Stone is a knockout. Here's the skinny:

Dave Forrest does not believe that playing cards and mentalism don't mix. On this DVD, you'll see Dave perform 9 knock out mentalism effects, all of which feature playing cards. But, let's be clear. This is not a collection of card tricks with a 'mental flavor'. This is high impact mental material that will allow you to utterly devastate any audience.

From impromptu, close-up miracles to material suitable for the stage performer - there is something for everyone on this disk.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results