Colorblind :: Luke Jermay

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Colorblind by Luke Jermay

Hey guys, so I know there have been speculation about buying Colorblind because of the whole thing Jermay is caught in, however putting that aside I thought I would write a review fairly based on the effect and the methods taught. This isn't going to go in depth, as I do not want to reveal any methods, so let's get into a basic review.

So this DVD is comprised of 5 different methods, as stated on the product page. Luke goes over all 5 methods in extreme detail and provides you with everything you need to get each of those methods done.

With the DVD, you also get other things you need to accomplish some of the other methods as presented and explained. Like I said, I can't go into detail of the methods without exposing too much, but I'll take a shot and describe some of the methods as they are performed.

Original Handling:

This handling is the original as seen in his old DVD "An Extraordinary Exhibition of Seeing With the Fingertips". This takes a gimmick you probably already have and uses it in a totally brand new way. As soon as you see the method to this version you will be like this: "That's the gimmick?". I mean that in the best way, because it's a gimmick you might have but never thought of using it in this context. Overall, I give the method a 4/5.

The ____ Method:

The reason why I left the name of the method blank is because the name of another gimmick is used in the title. The Colorblind Pack that comes with the DVD also includes this gimmick, so you're automatically set to go with this one. This gimmick is something you can carry around yourself all the time, in any situation. You can also use this gimmick with a borrowed deck. I like the idea of this handling of this gimmick, but for me I won't be using it much at all. I give the method a 4/5 because of the deviousness and thinking behind it.

The Face Down Method:

This method uses the same gimmick I just finished talking about, except this is used for a restaurant setting or when a group is seated at a table. This can be done with a borrowed deck. Luke goes in good detail on how to use the previous gimmick to accomplish this method. It's also a devious method as well. I give this method yet another 4/5.

Blindfolded Method:

Same method as Face Down except you have someone place a blindfold on you. Yes, you do it blindfolded. This makes it stronger because you can't see at all. I give this method a 4.5/5. I didn't give this a perfect 5 even though it was blindfolded because you are limited to where you perform this. But overall a very great handling.

The Emergency Method:

Whenever you have none of the gimmicks on you, the spectator can give you the deck and do the exact same trick, with no peeks involved. Personally, I think this is the BEST method out of all the others. I've played around with this method more than the others, and it simply can be done anywhere in pretty much any situation possible. I've used this method a bit to different people, and floored every one of them. You can even let them shuffle the deck, like in all the other methods above. I feel as if this is the most clean of them all, because you mix all of the cards in a wash on a table, completely mixed, and have the spectator select the cards they want you to read. I think this method is the most free and amazing of them all, being impromptu and not gimmicked. 5/5

Wrap-Up:

All in all, I give this DVD and Luke a 4.5/5, disregarding that scandal he's caught up in at the moment. I think the effect, when presented right, is a miracle and will fool everyone in the room. I took a dive into the risk pool and came up victorious, so I recommend this DVD if you want to branch out from JUST another card trick. This combines mentalism into a miracle, and if presented right, isn't an ordinary card "trick". In my opinion, it IS worth $30.

Recommended

-Casey

Thanks for the review casey. I am still wondering wether to pick it up or not. Not sure if it is allowed, but a performance of the impromptu version would be greatly appreciated as I only like to carry 1 deck on me.

Cheers

Oni

Despite the review I refuse to buy any product that has Jermay's name associated with it until he takes the proper steps to resolve the current problem himself instead of leaving someone else to clean up for him.

Jun 10, 2010
Despite the review I refuse to buy any product that has Jermay's name associated with it until he takes the proper steps to resolve the current problem himself instead of leaving someone else to clean up for him.

So what you mean to say is... You're never going to buy a Jermay product? $20 says he'll never resolve "the current problem" himself.

Nice review, Casey.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Thanks for the review, Casey. It's a very interesting read.

For one, I didn't realise so many of the methods used a gimmick. Not necessarily a bad thing, just a curious thing to note. From everything I've read about it, I'm glad I didn't pick it up - but I do think that there would be value for a lot of people in it (including me).

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
You can actually use the other gimmick they give you in other ways, not just a red black separation. For example, without giving too much away, the spectator freely selects a card while you are blindfolded and can read their mind what card they actually picked. It's a really good situational piece that is great for that special moment or given opportunity.

Jan 16, 2008
Just a quick question here @Casey: Would you carry around all those/that gimmick/s around with you everywhere you go just to perform Colorblind?

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
One of the gimmicks are so easy to carry around it's like carrying pocket change, you won't notice you are carrying anything. The other gimmick is something you probably already have but never used much. You don't have to perform JUST Colorblind with one of the gimmicks, there are many possible ways of using this special gimmick into your tricks whether it be at a table, restaurant, ect. Like today, i was playing around with some cards at a table with some friends and I decided to do Colorblind. It went very well, and they had absolutely no idea. It's a fooling piece that will have them scratching heads for a while. I gave the deck to a few of them to shuffle and I still did it, so when they shuffle the cards their skepticism of a anything special going on is shot through the roof. In my opinion, when you play it good it's a great effect. Definitely recommended.

Sep 4, 2010
Quick questions

Great review CRProductions, I think it's helping me sway towards buying it. Just a few quick questions though.

1) Is it ENTIRELY self-contained? As in, I don't have to purchase separate gimmicks to do any of the versions?
2) Are the routines the same general routines as his Extraordinary Exhibition of Seeing with the Fingertips? I don't want methods or secrets, I just want to make sure there's still that cool card-case card reveal.
3) Lastly...is it possible to elaborate the blindfold being limited to where you can perform it without giving away anything?

The description of the effect seemed to imply the former two, but I just want to make sure of EVERYTHING before I purchase it. Thanks again!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
1. It is entirely self contained. You won't have to buy any of the gimmicks for a long time if you give them proper care.
2. The routines in Colorbind contain that one card box reveal, so you're good to go on that one. There are also a lot more routines and methods as well on this DVD.
3. You can, however it is best to use the blindfold like Luke explained on the DVD. You'll see what I'm talking about when you watch it,

Hope this helps man.

-Casey

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results