$250

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
So, I posted a thread about Christmas about a month ago but that has died down and was kind of cluttered. So, I wanted to start fresh. My grandmother told me that she will spend $250 on me total for Christmas and my birthday. She said to let her know what to order and she will.

I have been trying to decide what to get and have bounced around many products and been frustrated doing so. My girlfriend has been helping me by giving me opinions. I noticed that I kept getting frustrated on what to get and she told me to not get frustrated, and not to get too many things. She doesn't want me overwhelmed. I can't thank her enough for bringing me back to reality. I have come up with 2 options, and finally want you guys opinions.

Option 1

Strong Magic
Carneycopia
Joshua Jay's Pro Carrier
Symphony (I want this for the organic, ordinary object magic)
$50 fee to be a member of the IBM and get The Linking Ring

Option 2

Strong Magic
Tarbell Course in Magic (a local magic book shop has all 8 volumes for $160)

So, I hope you guys can give me some honest opinions and help me out!

Thanks,
Rob

Jun 10, 2010
Personally, if I had $250 and a girlfriend, I wouldn't be spending it all on magic. I'd probably spend $100-$150 for myself on some nice designer shades (I'm sure onimushalord can help with that, he was helping me out the other day to find some nice ones) and take her out to dinner first. The last $50-$60 you have... Sure. IBM and Linking Ring sound like a great deal. That's my recommendation. If you're not into the whole sunglasses thing, you could probably opt for Tarbell instead. Although taking your girlfriend out to dinner sounds like a great idea, especially one who's into you and your art so much she'd actually buy Metal for Christmas for you... lol.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
I also follow up on AsherF's post on taking her out somewhere. Fill a day with fun adventures for the both of you. Don't just limit yourself to taking her to dinner. Maybe take her to dinner after you two are done going places and having a fun-filled day. It seems like you have a lot of magic stuff already; focus on your girl and spend a lot of time with her. If she's really supportive of you, support her in what she likes to do and do things together.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I think I've decided that I will get strong magic, 100% sankey, pro carrier, and paper engine along with the IBM entry. That'll leave me about 80 bucks to take my girl out or do whatever else with :)

Mar 27, 2010
You guys totally missed the point! is not that he has $250 to spend, his grandmother is going to spend $250 on him.

Get option number 2

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Tarbell seems great and all but for some reason im scared I won't use much of it. The last option I just posted will give me stuff in my 3 favourite fields (cards, coins, and ordinary objects) I'm just worried about tarbell. Could someone tell me why i should get Tarbell?

Thanks,
Rob

Apr 1, 2009
California
I didn't miss the point. I know his grandma is getting him 250 dollars worth of stuff. but he could get a gift certificate to a number of places. He could get other things unrelated to magic. You can ask anyone in my life, even my girlfriend, I love magic. I am passionate about. It's practically my life. But when it comes to gifts, I don't ask for magic. It could be because I'm picky... And like you mentioned, you can get a night out with your lady and still have enough for a book or two, or dvd or two. trust me, a genuine smile on her face is greater magic than Darwin Ortiz could ever discuss.

Jun 20, 2009
near paris
So, I posted a thread about Christmas about a month ago but that has died down and was kind of cluttered. So, I wanted to start fresh. My grandmother told me that she will spend $250 on me total for Christmas and my birthday. She said to let her know what to order and she will.

I have been trying to decide what to get and have bounced around many products and been frustrated doing so. My girlfriend has been helping me by giving me opinions. I noticed that I kept getting frustrated on what to get and she told me to not get frustrated, and not to get too many things. She doesn't want me overwhelmed. I can't thank her enough for bringing me back to reality. I have come up with 2 options, and finally want you guys opinions.

Option 1

Strong Magic
Carneycopia
Joshua Jay's Pro Carrier
Symphony (I want this for the organic, ordinary object magic)

Option 2

Strong Magic
Tarbell Course in Magic (a local magic book shop has all 8 volumes for $160)

So, I hope you guys can give me some honest opinions and help me out!

Thanks,
Rob
i suggest to you the michael vincent's dvds

Jun 10, 2010
Do you really have to get her to spend all $250? Why not just take your girl out for dinner, get just ONE book, and join IBM + get a year of Linking Ring? Why does it have to be spend all or spend all?

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Because this is my Christmas from my grandma. I did all my girls shopping today and we are going out tonight. I may not have to spend it all, but probably will spend most of it. My grandma bought me the membership today, and considering the good deal on the tarbell course, I will probably get it all now

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
To be totally honest... I would say to your grandmother "I don't want anything. Lets use the money and go have dinner together, and on the way home, we will use whatever is rest to buy you flowers." That would be more magical to HER than getting you a bunch of magic stuff.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
To be totally honest... if I said that, she would laugh at me, and tell me to either buy something, or $250 is going in my stocking.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Hmm...if I did that, I would just be able to save the money, and later get what I want when I want to...That way I don't overwhelm myself by stocking up on stuff now?

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Hmm...if I did that, I would just be able to save the money, and later get what I want when I want to...That way I don't overwhelm myself by stocking up on stuff now?

IMHO get Strong Magic and IBM+Linking ring, and spend the rest on your girl and your grandmother. Even thou she is the one giving you money, you should get her something nice for it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results