Tricking yourself

Apr 1, 2011
England
For some reason I was just thinking about a four aces trick, cut the deck into 5 piles (i don't know why 5), turned over 2 cards and low and behold it was the two aces :D i turned over the rest which were two 10's and a king and needless to say i was pretty disappointed. I just wanted to know has anyone else ever experienced something like this?

All the best,
Ed

Dec 20, 2009
Mumbai, India
I had an interesting thing happen 2 days ago, I was performing magic for some of my cousins friends. My cousin is in college and they have these sort of comedy,improv act competitions and stuff (IDK what to call it). So he asked me to show him some tricks, He used to do magic before and he was sort of the reason I got into magic, so I showed him some simple stuff. He already knew about breaks,Dls,crimps,forces etc. I showed him some stuff but I was so stupid I showed him all the moves I use when I perform. I performed a couple of tricks for them and it went really well then my cousin walks in and , he just catches me out on everything.

It was really embarassing in front of his friends I guess he just wanted to feel smart in front of those guys...middle child. Anyway, he was being completely unreasonable...not letting me touch the deck and throwing the cards in the air to shuffle them. His friends wanted him to stop because they wanted to see the magic but he wouldn't.So he did this trick where HE ribbon spread the cards, picked one, put it back and tossed the cards in the air 4 times to shuffle them. I made a 'what the hell' face,I took the jokers did the ol' sandwich move thing where you toss the deck one card was trapped - SELECTION..WHAT!!!! My cousin was baffled and so was everyone else...except one guy who just smiled.

Go back 3mins..while my cousin was shuffling the cards insanely. I looked at one of his friends, he looked at me and held up 6 fingers and then made a heart shape with his hands. I figured he did it because he felt bad for me or something.

But the real amazing thing was AFTER the performance. I asked him why he told me and he said " You cant expect Santana to play his guitar when its 10 feet away from him" I replied "Yeah, only Reed Richards can do that". He didn't get it though, I laughed at that for days : P . I really am a nerd :p

Sorry for the freakishly long reply.

- Jenai

Jun 1, 2009
I had an interesting thing happen 2 days ago, I was performing magic for some of my cousins friends. My cousin is in college and they have these sort of comedy,improv act competitions and stuff (IDK what to call it). So he asked me to show him some tricks, He used to do magic before and he was sort of the reason I got into magic, so I showed him some simple stuff. He already knew about breaks,Dls,crimps,forces etc. I showed him some stuff but I was so stupid I showed him all the moves I use when I perform. I performed a couple of tricks for them and it went really well then my cousin walks in and , he just catches me out on everything.

It was really embarassing in front of his friends I guess he just wanted to feel smart in front of those guys...middle child. Anyway, he was being completely unreasonable...not letting me touch the deck and throwing the cards in the air to shuffle them. His friends wanted him to stop because they wanted to see the magic but he wouldn't.So he did this trick where HE ribbon spread the cards, picked one, put it back and tossed the cards in the air 4 times to shuffle them. I made a 'what the hell' face,I took the jokers did the ol' sandwich move thing where you toss the deck one card was trapped - SELECTION..WHAT!!!! My cousin was baffled and so was everyone else...except one guy who just smiled.

Go back 3mins..while my cousin was shuffling the cards insanely. I looked at one of his friends, he looked at me and held up 6 fingers and then made a heart shape with his hands. I figured he did it because he felt bad for me or something.

But the real amazing thing was AFTER the performance. I asked him why he told me and he said " You cant expect Santana to play his guitar when its 10 feet away from him" I replied "Yeah, only Reed Richards can do that". He didn't get it though, I laughed at that for days : P . I really am a nerd :p

- Jenai

Haha that's awesome. It's good to have spectators on your side, it shows how no one really likes a heckler or smart ass. Good job

Jacob

Dec 20, 2009
Mumbai, India
Haha that's awesome. It's good to have spectators on your side, it shows how no one really likes a heckler or smart ass. Good job

Jacob

Haha yeah, If that didn't happen I would've felt crappy all day, mostly because I taught him those moves and...HE USED ME, ARGHH...If I was Dexter, I'd kill him. Wow, Im making way to many movie/telivision references...I feel Like Abed...CRAP!

Apr 1, 2011
England

- Jenai

Wow, That's brilliant it makes me smile just imagining that happening :p

Apr 11, 2011
I used to do stuffs like this..but if luck is not on my side simply I'll use sleight to escape the unfortunate situation

I once was messing with a deck of cards, you know doing some cuts and shuffle and stuff while my family was in the other room. It was really just to pass the time, but I held the deck in my hand and thought hhhhhmmmmmmmm wouldn't it be awesome if the next card I turned over was the King of Diamonds? And I completely flipped out because it was. I just looked around to see if anyone else saw it. Don't you love freak coincidences? Or is it... Magic? :)

Nov 6, 2010
India
i rem i was asking my sister would it look good i springed the cards but onto the floor did a ninja spring grab and said if it were to be an ace , lo and behold it was and got freaked out

Dec 11, 2010
California
I remember when I was a kid before I knew how to do "magic" I saw someone pull a named card by putting the deck on the ground spread all over the floor in no apparent pattern. I wanted to try it so I tried multiple times but to no avail. I tried one more time and thought of a card (I believe it was a red three) and pulled a card out at random and I was right.

I was like NO WAY! and when I tried again I missed it. =(

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
I was on a bus one time, just randomly shuffling a deck of cards, and playing around with them and stuff. I already had one 6 out of the deck and in my hands for a trick I was practicing. I also needed another card, so I cut the deck randomly and took the top card. Flipped it over; it was another 6. This amused me a bit, so I decided to test my luck, and cut randomly again. Flipped over the top card. it was the third 6. At this point, I was getting really excited, so, with baited breath, I cut the deck again. Slowly turned the top card over, only to find...a random card. Gutted. I was just about to shuffle the deck up again and carry on practicing, when, on a whim, I decided to count down to the 6th card of the pack. Flipped it over. it was the last 6. I just sat there laughing for the rest of the bus journey (I may have got some funny looks from the other passengers) :p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results