iPredict Problem

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
Hey guys! I just recently bought the iPredict app for my android, and although an amazing effect I cant seem to figure out a way to get around my problem.

After I do the effect for a spectator, they always seem so shocked about it they want to automatically try another card. (and if this is too revealing, then please feel free to delete my post)
My problem is, if they think of another card, it would make sense to just redial the same number on their phone, it would be alittle odd to say, "Ok, think of another card, now dial this phone number that you've already dialed" And this is probably one of the very few effects where you cant just say, "Oh a magician never does the same trick twice" because well, the phone number is on their phone, they can redial it anytime they want.

So how would I get around this in a smooth manner?

Greg Rostami

Creator, <b><a href="http://www.theory11.com/trick
Jan 20, 2009
Hi James,

I have to start by telling you that in the last two years that I've been performing iPredict, a repeat performance is generally a BAD idea.

If you choose to perform iPredict+ with voicemail, I usually have the spectator call the psychic again using their own phone to hear the same card as before. This is VERY logical since she left that voicemail in the past . . . she's not going to change her voicemail greeting constantly. This actually ADDS to the mystery since people realize that it's just a voicemail . . . there is only ONE greeting.
Here's a video of that . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emEXO1mXp54

But in case they insist, here are the things that I do if people wanna see a second performance:

1. I refuse to do it again since we are actually bothering Christen by calling/texting her.

2. If your first performance was a text on your phone, on the second one have them text from their phone.

3. If your first performance was a voicemail on their phone, then your second should be a text on your phone.

4. If I know that I'm going to be in a situation where I have to repeat the effect several times, I turn on "Wait For Tilt" and have them call from my phone. I'll only have them call from their phone if they insist. This way, the called number is always the same.

5. If the audience wants to see both calls/texts made from their phone, I'll do the effect for a different person with a different phone. In this scenario, I'm hoping they don't show each other the number they dialed.

Recently I perform iPredict+ with a fake psychic premise . . .
"There's a fake psychic down the block that leaves a card in her voicemail. Her boyfriend convinces people that she's real by forcing a card on them and then having them call her to validate her psychic powers . . . but it's all a scam."

I then proceed to perform iPredict+ and ask them,
"Did you notice how I forced the card on you?"

Obviously they always reply "NO; how did you do that?!"

With the above performance, if they ask to call the psychic again I simply say, "Her voicemail isn't gonna change . . . it's always the same card . . ."

James let me know if you have any further questions.

cheers,
Greg Rostami

I actually faced the same problem today, and can pretty much echo what Greg said. I started letting them use their phone to call, and they asked what about another card. I then asked them to say another and said I'll try texting her to see if she is free. After that I usually talk about not bothering them, and as Greg said, if they ask about calling again, just say something along the lines of "how is she going to change her voicemail that fast?" I used that today also, and they called the number again, and when it was the same voicemail, it was far more convincing that my phone hadn't just done something weird to make it happen.

Greg Rostami

Creator, <b><a href="http://www.theory11.com/trick
Jan 20, 2009
Hi PaperTreeProphet,

I agree with you 100%. I like the way that you've been performing iPredict+.
When you perform iPredict+ there are FOUR ways to reveal the chosen card.

Phone call on your phone or their phone.
Text message on your phone or their phone.

You can mix and match those four reveals any way you like.

If the spectator was to call the number again, and the greeting message had changed then THAT would raise greater suspicion.

Also, when the spectator wants to replay this magical experience to their friends & family, when they call the number, it's going to be the same card that they had originally chosen.

In one case, I've seen the same caller-id dial for the Ace of Diamonds EVERY day for over 2 weeks!! This person truly believed in the psychic, and would leave messages for her, hoping that she would reply.

In the previous version of iPredict, the psychic's name was Esmeralda instead of Christen. "Esmeralda" had a longer voicemail greeting that included a longer cold reading. OFTEN times people had a real emotional experience from listening to those greetings, because in some way they found it VERY relevant to their lives.

I've received several emails from magicians that want the old Esmeralda back BECAUSE of the above fact. In the future, I might bring Esmeralda back as another psychic.

all the best,
Greg Rostami

micheal123

Banned
Jul 25, 2012
iPredict have many critical Problems. Which we cannot understand easily. So we have must concern the master mind.

Sep 4, 2009
Can anyone help me with an iForce problem? There is a problem with the 1-8 prediction, it always changes to 5-8 and never 1-4. I would love to perform this but I clearly cannot so I don't know if its a bug but any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
-Louis P.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results