TT

Apr 24, 2014
Hi,
I have a quick three questions that I would like answered. I have been in magic for about 6 years now and to this day I have not had a th**b t*p as my skin colour is on the darker side. My first question is, do you think it will matter if I buy a normal th**b t*p and use it with my skin colour? Will anybody notice? My second question is, what size should the th**b t*p be considering that I have hands the size of a 14 year old and that I want to do bill switches with the th**b t*p and maybe silk vanishes aswell?

My last question hasnt got anything to do with the above. I'm looking to work as a magician in a restaurant, however i do not know how much I should charge per hour. If anyone has worked in a restaurant before can you suggest how much I should charge?
Thank you
Bilal Abidi

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Hi,
I have a quick three questions that I would like answered. I have been in magic for about 6 years now and to this day I have not had a th**b t*p as my skin colour is on the darker side. My first question is, do you think it will matter if I buy a normal th**b t*p and use it with my skin colour? Will anybody notice? My second question is, what size should the th**b t*p be considering that I have hands the size of a 14 year old and that I want to do bill switches with the th**b t*p and maybe silk vanishes aswell?

My last question hasnt got anything to do with the above. I'm looking to work as a magician in a restaurant, however i do not know how much I should charge per hour. If anyone has worked in a restaurant before can you suggest how much I should charge?
Thank you
Bilal Abidi

Eric Jones says that he charges the equivalent of 2 or 3 meals at that restaurant for any given night. That's a starting point although it will be different for everyone.

As far as the TT, it doesn't really matter. There are techniques that you can use when it matches your skin perfectly but a good portion of magicians out there opt for the techniques that hide it completely. As far as size is considered, if I were you I might purchase 2. I know I can always use a back up. Some effects will require a bigger TT than others (ex. color changing silk needs a bigger TT than a bill change). So take your best guess as to which would fit you best and get a size bigger or smaller than that as well.

Sep 1, 2013
South Africa
Hi,

Thank you
Bilal Abidi
Find a ring that fits your thumb comfortably and use the circumference of that as a reference.

Apr 24, 2014
Hi,
Thanks for all your replies.
On the basis of these replies I went and bought a tt and up till now this tt is working great for the bill switch I needed. However, I am still unsure of what to charge for restaurants bearing in mind that I live in the uk. I was thinking an hourly charge of £15. Is this too much? Too less? An answer to this would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Bilal Abidi

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results