Stigmata by Wayne Houchin

Sep 1, 2007
Stigmata

Effect-

From acclaimed performer Wayne Houchin (creator of Sinful, the signed coin through soda can) comes Stigmata.

The spectator thinks of anything. A name. A number. A memory. With the thought in mind, the spectator squeezes your wrist. Tightly.

When the spectator releases, red marks appear on your arm where they were squeezing. These marks of blood under the skin then slowly, visually, clearly re-arrange themselves into the shape of the spectator's selection. Seeing is believing.

No gimmicks, props, or setup. No reset.
Impromptu-- in every sense

Testemonials

"... beats out any predecessors that came anywhere close to it."
- Banachek, one of the world's foremost mentalists

"... blurs the line of illusion and reality."
- Andrew Gerard, Consultant, A&E's Mindfreak Series

"... the effect has been fine tuned to a near masterpiece."
- David E. Smith, AZ

"... leave spectators speechless."
- Bethea Baker, NC

"... it surpasses Sinful."
- Roy Ornelas, TX

"... a perfect 10/10."
- Jonathan Bagwell, GA

What you get:
Dvd and the most incredible impromtu effect to date.

The DVD-

Teaching-Wayne Houchin is one of the best and most entertaining teachers in magic I've ever seen.
He breaks each version taught on the DVD into part for the ultimate learning experience.
After teaching each version he goes back to one of the performances and takes you step by step on each move in the effect.

Format-
The menu is very easy to navigate through and has a very entertaining animated backround.
Also in the scene selection the pictures are animated as well.
This really show how much time and effort was put into this DVD.

The Menu-
The main menu has the following options:

Play-
This Includes the introduction,performances, explanation and then finally the end credits.

Special Features-
The special feature includes the following:

Interview with Banacheck-
Wayne Houchin has a unscripted interview about stigmata with famous mentalist Banacheck who had also come up with this effect independently.
Shot in the Monte Carlo Las Vegas Nevada.
This is defeinatly worth the watching.

TV Appearance-
A short clip of Wayne Houchin performs for the cost and co-host on wake up, a Cbs news affiliate in Northern Calirfornia.
Its really impresive to see how much Wayne has developed this routine from when he first started doing this trick.

Exorcist:performance at the Airport-
One of the most entertaing performances of stigmata you'll ever see.
Wayne performs stigmata for a guy trying to fix his car in the parking lot at the airport with a whole new different approach.
This Performance alone is worth half the price of the DVD.
Thats all I'm going to say.

Pulse Stop Performance:The Park-
Wayne performs for a couple of girls in the park.
He first performs a trick where he slows his pulse and then it completly stops cold and then it starts up again.
He then performs the card virsion of stigmata.
This gets a great reaction.
This also allows you to see how Wayne adapts the performance according to the type of people he's performing for.
To see what I mean your going to have to by the DVD yourself.

Preview Videos-
Shows previews for some of the products at E llusionist which include the following:

Sinful:Quarter thru Soda Can
The Ghost Deck
The Black Deck
Crash Course 1
Crash Course 2
InsideMagic
KardKlub
How to do Street Magic
King Rising Levitation
Revolution
Ninja 1
Ninja 2

Chapter Selections-
Allows you to view different parts of the DVD.
Chapter selections include:

Intro-
The introduction to stigmata.
Gets you pumped for the DVD.

Girls on Patio-
Wane Houchin performs the card version of stigmata for a group of girls on the patio of a restaurant.

Street Reactions-
2 Different Performances of Wayne performing for people on the street.

Name Recognition-

Wayne performs the initails version of stigmata for 2 people outsid a cafe.

Think in Numbers-
Wanyne peforms the thought of number version of stigmata for a group of girls.

Randall-
Wayne does the number version of stigmata to this guy with hillbilly accent.
Funniest thing I've ever seen.
You'll see why when you buy the DVD.

Stigmata Revealed-
This is pretty much self explanitory.

Most of the other ones I cant say since it will sort of reveal the method.
The last one though is:

Final Thoughts-
Wayne closed with his final thoughts.

My experience with stigmata-

My Thoughts-
I love this effect.
I always use it to get amazing results.
I have now started using this for the closer for my shows.
This the best effect I own other than torn.

Performing Experience-
I have performed stigmata dozens of times and it always get amazing reactions.
One time I was performing the Initials version of this to this lady in the mall and she totally freaked out.
and when I say freaked I mean freaked.
I had her write the name of an important person to her on my buisness card and had her fold it up so I couldnt see what was writen on there.
I then after some fun with the spectator ("reading her mind" that is) told her I wouldnt be able to get the whole name so for her just to write down the initials.
I then had her squeeze my arms and look into my eyes.
I told her to keep thinking of the intitials.
Then after some luck mindreading (I took a wild guess at the color of this persons hair the length of their hair about how tall they were, I it got all right (lucky I guess) I then had her let go of my arm.
By this time she was alreay freakin out.
I then reavealed the prints on my arm and caused it to visually form into the initials.
She put her head down and what the f#*k! and kept freakin out.
I told her to look into my eyes.
I then revealed the name.
She looked at me,I looked at her back.
I can even describe how amazing the feeling was knowing I have just accomplished probably the scariest thing she has ever seen.

Practicalness-
This a very practical effect.
Can be done anywhere any time.
Not reccomended for stage.

Problems with stigmata-
Sometimes the intitials,card,or number doesnt appear on your arm.
This actually happend to me yesterday when I was doing the intials version of the effect.
Thinking on my feet I acted confused and asked her to keep thinking about it.
I then performed the move right in front of her and her friends.
Very bold move but I didn't get caught.
Aundience management and misdirection really helps in these types of situations.

Difficulty-

Stigmata is one of the easiest effects to perform,ever!
It is completely impromptu.
This does not take long to get down.
With a little practice you will be blowing people away!

Recommedation-
This DVD is a need to all street/close-up magicians not a want.

Overall-
All the hype is true,this is definately one of the best impromptu effects to date. 10/10

Sep 1, 2007
yea...this is one of the best effects out there. Impromptu and hits hard.
Anyway, great review man. Very in depth.

Sep 2, 2007
Good review.

Stigmata is a brilliant and dynamic effect. I try to perform it whenever and as many times as I can. It truly is a valuable impromptu effect and I love it.

However, some have recommend to not perform it while camping or in the bathroom. :D

Besides that, it is, in my opinion, a work of pure genius.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 8, 2007
Carmichael,CA
I love the effect and it works great.. but i tend to chew my nails making it hard to do. So i tried my bike lock key and some of the markings arent going away and it been a day so i cant quite perform it again... I now have a 7 and P.V on my arm.

Oct 21, 2007
I think this is one of the best tricks ever, it works everytime and drives people nuts. I did Stigmata for my friends and they told me that I should go see a doctor to get my arm checked out.

Aug 24, 2008
There >
Great review man!

Man this is the trick man! I agree, it is 100% completely, fully impromptu. I love how I can do it ANYTIME through my performances and it ALWAYS blows people away. I really recommend it as well.

Jul 12, 2008
Kendal
I love stigmata. I haven't got it, but it's a fantastic effect and I'm definitly going to get it. Sorry to hear it doesn't work on dark skin - that must be really annoying. Gutted. Some of you guys want to be a little careful though - I think I'm already getting some idea of how it's done.

Jun 7, 2008
DC area
www.youtube.com
i love this trick. I perform it all the time and i always get great reactions. Also dont do it at church. I have to disigree with the bathroom thing i perform in bathrooms all the time and people are always freaked out LOL jk. Wayne is a great teacher in it and teaches three great methods of the trick. I only perform the first one though.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results