1 in 9 discussion

Hi guys, I hope that everyone who downloaded my pdf has had a chance to try my effect out and maybe even mess around with it a bit.

After the good response of interest I've decided to post the link here so everyone can try it: http://users.tpg.com.au/japayne/pdf/1in9.pdf

(I posted it in the original thread but people were still PMing me for the link)

I've started this thread to see if anyone has any questions or suggestions about the effect. So if you haven't already, download it, have fun with it and let me know what you think!

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
I really liked the effect... I played with the method and thought an effect with blank cards, where at the end their card is the only card that have face, the rest of the deck is blank ;)

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
That's a pretty nice trick, I like it :) Simple, yet effective.

FliXeRoCk107 (lol, it's me...), I believe you can create free PDFs online, simply open your Adobe Reader and click "New".

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
Here is a gimmicked one I thought up really quick. Have 9 copies of a card, force one of that card (it will make a classic force very easy). Do the same steps and end up with 9 of all same card on the table. Have them think long and hard about which one to pick, and once they do ask them if they want to change their mind. Have them hold their selected card down with their finger so you can't move it. Slowly remove the rest. Have them turn the card over.
I'm not sure what the best move to do this but, it might be possible to switch the 8 leftover cards immediately after gathering them, using the spectator turning their card over as misdirection.

I really liked the effect... I played with the method and thought an effect with blank cards, where at the end their card is the only card that have face, the rest of the deck is blank ;)

I like the idea of that, all you need to do is worry about what force you use. and at the end after you reveal their card you can spread the whole deck face up. :p

Jan 7, 2008
I think the effect is a great idea, and definitely one i'll have to nab for my own routines ;) with your permission of course.

Another idea you could do is when the spectator selects their card, as long as it wasn't the chosen card, you gather them all up with the chosen card on top of the pile. you then pick up the card they just selected and top change. would need slightly different patter for the revelation but for those who prefer top change to mexican, it might make it a bit easier for them :)

but yea, great trick overall, well done!

Spose you could always just control it to the top, have them select any card, DL and then K.M. cos some people are afraid of the top change.

of course you can stick it into your routine! i'd be honoured.

Hey, someone said they'd put up a review of 1 in 9 in the reviews section. Sorry, I can't remember who said they would though, because I had to empty my PM box once to keep sending the link. I was just wondering if the review was still happening?

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
can somebody tell me what K.M. stands for? I learned it from one of the Sankey DVDs and he didn't say.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results