1 On 1 Section

Sep 1, 2007
Canada Eh?
As of right now, everything in this section is stuff you can find elsewhere. The 444 switch is in Kenner's Totally Out Of Control Book as well as Three Fry and Schwing!. Are they going to come out with the whole book as 1 on 1 videos? Personally, I think this section is useless. I'll have to wait till more comes out before I will say anyhting else. What are your thoughts and opinions?

Sep 1, 2007
Ceres, Ca.
If you'll look at some of the folks posting here - You'll realize what a "visual learner" is.

The written word is just beyond their grasp and they rely heavily on video to learn magic.

For about five bucks you can refine that which you've already learned and, in reality, if you don't already have Chris Kenner's TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL chances are slim you'll be able to readily pick up a copy.

I have to buy these downloads in order to see Mr Kenner perform because every time Mr. Kenner goes out, he is inundated with dozens of folks who seek his advice and approval and I'm not pushy enough to try and get his attention in those situations.

Dave

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Jack,

I think it's a bit early to judge the section, as we just launched it last night. Over the coming weeks, months, and years, more and more tricks, sleights, and flourishes will be taught in that section by some of the best minds in magic-- things they've never taught before, things that they've been working on for years, and tons of brand new stuff. This will be one of the-- if not THE-- most frequently updated section of the site, and tons of new videos are in production as we speak.

As the section grows, it's our goal for it to become an invaluable resource for people to learn magic at their own pace-- in their own style. There will be something there for everyone; from our hardcore flourishing guys all the way to some of you that may be just starting out.

The thing to keep in mind is that theory11's primary objective is to bring this industry together. We know that a broad range of people are on theory11-- beginners all the way to advanced professionals. It's our goal to have something here for everyone, for every side of the spectrum.

The section, like the site, is very new, and it will continue to grow in the coming weeks and months at an extremely rapid pace. Stay tuned to it, and I promise you'll find something there that catches your eye.

For about five bucks you can refine that which you've already learned and, in reality, if you don't already have Chris Kenner's TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL chances are slim you'll be able to readily pick up a copy.

That's not really true, I bought a copy a few hours before 1 on 1 was released.

Jack,
The section, like the site, is very new, and it will continue to grow in the coming weeks and months at an extremely rapid pace. Stay tuned to it, and I promise you'll find something there that catches your eye.

Does that mean we'll be seeing multiple releases a week? Will we see any original material soon, or will most of it be pre-published, but maybe not so well known things?

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
So far, I love the 1-on-1 section. I mean, I don't look at those effects and start thinking "man, I'm going to blow someone away with this!" but I do think, "This is so going to amp up this new routine I've been working on!"

I really had to step outside of the box, and try to look at those effects more like they are tools.

I don't know about the rest of you, but there is no such thing as having too many tools. =)

Shane K.

Sep 1, 2007
It just got started, give it time. 1 month and I bet that thing will be filled with some sweet stuff.

ChrisKenner

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
The reason that I am doing things out of my book first is because that I am always getting requests to do a DVD; most have never seen me do this stuff. Almost all of my stuff is tough to explain in print and is hard to get the actual impact without seeing it first. In addition, I really thought that theory11 would be a better site if we had a product actually named "Schwing." Yes, "Schwing."

Believe me I am not trying to take the easy way out by doing my book material first and have plenty of new things that will be released in the coming weeks, months, and year. Stay tuned.

Chris Kenner

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
The reason that I am doing things out of my book first is because that I am always getting requests to do a DVD; most have never seen me do this stuff. Almost all of my stuff is tough to explain in print and is hard to get the actual impact without seeing it first. In addition, I really thought that theory11 would be a better site if we had a product actually named "Schwing." Yes, "Schwing."

Believe me I am not trying to take the easy way out by doing my book material first and have plenty of new things that will be released in the coming weeks, months, and year. Stay tuned.

Chris Kenner
Try not to do "The Deep" as a $5 release, that is my true love heheh. Plus it is on the CoinOne dvd in full detail :). Ah well, Ménage Et Trios is the one coming soon correct?

Sep 1, 2007
Will that awesome color change from the Buck's Hidden Footage be taught? I really want to learn that.

So far I'm not too impressed with the 1 on 1 section. I think $5 is a bit steep for the stuff there, but I'm cheap. We'll just have to wait and see what else they come up with.

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
I like the idea, and I hope they will lay down some fundamentals for the new guys in here.

I might pick up 3Fry, but I also might just go out and get Totally Out of Control. I've wanted that for a while.

I have high hopes for this section though. I think it could become a star feature on this site.

Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Will that awesome color change from the Buck's Hidden Footage be taught? I really want to learn that.

I don't think so, well maybe. I heard that its a VERY hard change to do, and they can only do it 4/5 times. But I have no idea, maybe that was just a joke, but thats what I heard.

Sep 1, 2007
Canada Eh?
Please don't release Menage et Trois. Honestly. I just re-read that for about the fifth time now, and I'm officially in deep love with this.

Yes, it is a bit early to judge this section, but I did state that in my origianl post. Again, I'll have to wait before I can officially judge this from my own personal preference.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results