1-on-1!

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
did he say dan hauss? I don't remember any mentioning names. I hope its a utility we can incorporate - mentalism would be great!

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Yeah, can I respectfully make a respect? Stop posting this thread every week! They know what we want by now and if they need to know, JB or someone will ask. It's getting very annoying and pushing other threads back, so please stop. Thanks.
Adam B

Yeah, can I respectfully make a respect? Stop posting this thread every week! They know what we want by now and if they need to know, JB or someone will ask. It's getting very annoying and pushing other threads back, so please stop. Thanks.
Adam B

Let me put it this way: No.

If it is annoying you then don't read it. Also, you know what they say, "If it's a good thread it'll find it's way to the top anyway. Besides, what makes any other thread more important than mine? Nothing is what.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Let me put it this way: No.

If it is annoying you then don't read it. Also, you know what they say, "If it's a good thread it'll find it's way to the top anyway. Besides, what makes any other thread more important than mine? Nothing is what.

Yes but other threads tend not to have been posted at least once a week. Continually asking for the same thing over and over again isn't going to get it, it's just going to get the Theory11 team annoyed. Don't forget, there's nothing forcing Theory11 to release a 1on1 every week and if you ask for something over and over it sounds like you're demanding it. I know what I'd do if people demanded I sold them something. Anyway, I seem to recall Chris Kenner (and please correct me if I'm wrong here) saying that they were filming the next batch of 1on1s. Emphasis on the word 'batch'. Meaning that they probably already have all the 1on1s for the next however long stored somewhere; however much you ask they won't film something especially.
Another thing is that don't you think asking the night before the 1on1 is released is a bit late? Maybe if you posted it right after a new 1on1 had been released it would give them time to do something about it. Saying 'in 24 hours, You're going to release something new. We want it to be xxx,' is cutting it a bit fine.
And anyway, isn't it much better to get something original and new that you won't see anywhere else and you weren't expecting, like Redline for example?

Sep 30, 2008
Pittsburgh
A good idea would be to put a sticky at the top next to the saturday night contest idea thread. Then when someone has a new idea they can post it there. That would be better than just saying the same thing every week.

The point being is that every week we say the same vague things.

"I want some Aaron Fisher or Lee Asher"

"Something new from wayne"

"Some coin stuff would be nice"

"I want a pass!"

-Kevin

Yes but other threads tend not to have been posted at least once a week. Continually asking for the same thing over and over again isn't going to get it, it's just going to get the Theory11 team annoyed. Don't forget, there's nothing forcing Theory11 to release a 1on1 every week and if you ask for something over and over it sounds like you're demanding it. I know what I'd do if people demanded I sold them something. Anyway, I seem to recall Chris Kenner (and please correct me if I'm wrong here) saying that they were filming the next batch of 1on1s. Emphasis on the word 'batch'. Meaning that they probably already have all the 1on1s for the next however long stored somewhere; however much you ask they won't film something especially.
Another thing is that don't you think asking the night before the 1on1 is released is a bit late? Maybe if you posted it right after a new 1on1 had been released it would give them time to do something about it. Saying 'in 24 hours, You're going to release something new. We want it to be xxx,' is cutting it a bit fine.
And anyway, isn't it much better to get something original and new that you won't see anywhere else and you weren't expecting, like Redline for example?

Did the t11 team not say that they looked at threads like this to decide what 1-0n-1s to make?

If this were made into a sticky everyone would post what they wanted, and then it would sit there for all of eternity with no new posts thus not helping anything.

Ok, I'll make the threads sooner from now on.

Sep 30, 2008
Pittsburgh
Did the t11 team not say that they looked at threads like this to decide what 1-0n-1s to make?

If this were made into a sticky everyone would post what they wanted, and then it would sit there for all of eternity with no new posts thus not helping anything.

Ok, I'll make the threads sooner from now on.

The reason it would sit there with no new posts is because everyone would get their ideas out at once and they wouldn't have to post them every week in a new thread. Then when someone finally comes up with a good new one, they can post it. It would be much more helpful than a weekly thread.

-Kevin

The reason it would sit there with no new posts is because everyone would get their ideas out at once and they wouldn't have to post them every week in a new thread. Then when someone finally comes up with a good new one, they can post it. It would be much more helpful than a weekly thread.

-Kevin

I don't agree, but I can't make it a sticky anyway so don't complain to me.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Question: Why does it matter if there is one every week or not? What does it hurt?

I've seen people complane about this before, but no one can give a good answer as to why they care. Tell me why people!:confused:

One reason that immediately springs to mind is that if somebody is searching for a 1on1 related thread, for example 'Which 1on1 should I buy?' type threads, they are going to get pages of threads like this. Therefore, they can't find the thread that they're after and will be forced to make a new thread on the forums which will probably be filled with posts like 'ZOMG!!!!!! Use the search bar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results