1000 Top Personal Tips For A Magician

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
hey stevenlevitt I think u should add all the tips in ur post so everyone can look at the tips on ur post without looking down in the tread.... I hope u understand what I mean..

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
1) An ametuer practices until he gets it right... a professional practices until he can't get it wrong.

2) Never give up your dreams.

Sep 2, 2007
26) If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
27) Post hoc ergo propter hoc.
28) Never reveal the name of an effect to your audience.
29) Have fun.

(Only 971 tips left. :D)

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 1, 2007
31. An "amateur" strictly speaking is a "lover of" something. Approach your magic, and your life, with the attitude of an amateur - in the truest sense of the word - and you will be happy and fulfilled.

32. Do not be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone.

34. Main goal is to astonish.

35. Think outside the "taught box". Which means look at what your left with and capitalize on it not just the same it was taught. once again the goal is to astonish.

36. If possible use flash paper that has been palmed GREAT REATIONS.

37. Make friends with a magician it makes practice a hell of a lot more fun.

Sep 1, 2007
38. Learn the difference between sexy and hnot sexy. Remember, spandex is a privelege, not a right.

39. When starting out,l learn from books instead of DVD's. They contain more material and force you to develop your own style instead of copying someone else's style and approach.
40. Don't feel compelled to show someone an effect evertime they ask you to.
41. When practicing , be persistent. Some moves and effects take longer than others to master. Be persistent.
42. Do not compare yourself to other magicians. Just focus on improving yourself and forget about others.

Nov 17, 2007
46. If something goes wrong during a performance, keep going, chances are they never noticed and either way it's a mistake to learn from.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results