2011 What a year.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Hey guys.

Now that we are midway through January I thought it would be as good a time as any to reflect on what I think were the top five products of the year (at least the ones I got). A few honourable mentions are Curtain Call, whisper, Live Without a Net and Docc's Q&A trilogy especially Echo.

Without further ado here are my top 5.

5 Midnight Side of the Mind, this one is interesting because there are maybe three performers on these forums who could use these demonstrations yet the are some of the realest things I have ever read. I saw a performance of Paul's kiss the clairvoyant and it has since become my favourite act. Yes I place this above Derren's Q&A.

4. Utopia by Dani Daortiz, this is easily the most commercial on this list. I feel that it gives the exact right balance of theory and effects that most magic products miss. For me disc 3 is the highlight of the series Dani's thoughts on the psychology of card magic are the best I have ever seen Derren's Devil's Picture Book include. Using this DVD with something else on this list you will have a completely different view of card magic.

3. This Way Up, there is not much I can say about this effect, some of the most complete thinking I have ever experienced and this effect is too good straight out of the box. I know it is a book, but you all should know what I mean. Easily the best single trick release of the year. (I know there are two versions taught and inturn several variations on them but I don't care.)

2 The Berglas Effects, I know what you are thinking number 2, this was definately the book I have been waiting for. Learning David's approach to card magic is a gift in itself. Learning how to create miracles without any sleights is something that we should all strive for. David Berglas' card magic is a thing of beauty and its nice to finally put the Berglas Effect to rest.

1 The Practical Psychics Little Black & White Books, OK so I cheated a little these were two seperate releases but I consider them extensions of each other. The material in here has cause a sensation over on the Magic Cafe and once you read the books you will know why. Right now the Black Book is on eBay for 380 not bad considering it was released this year for 62.50 and is only 90 pages. I personally think the White book is the better of the two awell.

There are my top picks for 2011 I would love to hear some of yours.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results