3 to 4

Oct 23, 2007
heys guys what is a good way to go from a three coin effect that uses a forth coin to a trick that uses 4 coins?

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
Pretend to place your three coins in a purse, really fingerpalming them, on an offbeat.

Put the coin purse (empty) in your left pocket, and go with the fingerpalmed coins to the right pocket, and pick up your extra.

If you don't use a coin purse, you can still mime putting them away, and even get some sound illusion if you have keys or loose change in your left pocket.

Scott.

Dec 2, 2007
I think it would be VERY technically wrong to perform a trick with three coins (such as 3Fly) and then producing the extra coin before moving on to a four coin trick.

If the extra coin *is* the method of the three coin trick, resist the temptation to use the fourth coin for the four coin trick. My advise would be to ditch the extra coin and then cleanly hand out the three coins for examination (destroying the method of the extra coin).

You may then proceed as if the extra coin never existed. If you want to do a trick with four coins next, have your spectator pickup the coin purse you left setting on the table (which contains an extra coin) and have them open it up and hand you the coin, examining it along the way.

Another idea would be to put the coin purse (with the extra coin) in the inside lower left pocket of your jacket (assuming you are wearing a jacket and that said jacket actually has an inside lower left pocket) and then perform Troy Hoosier's "Dexterous Ditch" to ditch the extra coin (secretly) while openly retrieving the coin purse and dumping out the extra coin onto the table or into a spectator's hands.

Hope this helps,

-ThisOneGoesTo11

Sep 24, 2007
Load the coin on to the spectator's body (hand, arm, shoulder, whatever) Then, you can bring attention to the coin later on. They will think it was there from the beginning.

Okay that probably won't work, but you can still try it.

I think it would be VERY technically wrong to perform a trick with three coins (such as 3Fly) and then producing the extra coin before moving on to a four coin trick.

If the extra coin *is* the method of the three coin trick, resist the temptation to use the fourth coin for the four coin trick. My advise would be to ditch the extra coin and then cleanly hand out the three coins for examination (destroying the method of the extra coin).

You may then proceed as if the extra coin never existed.

-ThisOneGoesTo11

that is really good advice..... however here is something that i think just might work....

set up ::

4 coins in the coin purse or what ever container you are using ....

have a 5th matching coin handy...

now at the beginning of the routine DUMP out all the 4 coins from the purse and ask the spectators to examine them.

then ask the spectator to hold on to one of the coins while u secretly acquire the 5th coin as an extra coin.

once u finish the 3 coin routine ASK the spectator for the 4th coin that he/she was holding.

though one can mount arguments both against and in favour of this ploy. to me the act of dumping out all the coins in the beginning and then taking the extra coins from the spectator seems to dispell the notion of extra hidden coins.

try it out and see for ur self

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results