4 For 4: An Instant Download by Chris Kenner

AaronFisher

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
www.aaronfishermagic.com
I first saw this fantastic utility sleight years ago - it's really exciting to see it released and available here.

As some of you have already said, this isn't primarily an effect, but a tool. Chris's methods are economical, elegant and of wide utility. It's just the sort of item you should consider when you get serious about expanding your knowledge of sleight of hand beyond the basics.

One on One items like this are another great example of what T11 wants to accomplish in magic. Honing one beautiful piece of technique can take years. The fact that an artist of Chris Kenner's stature has decided to release items like this, utility sleights from his long professional experience, and that he's taking the time to teach them personally, give us all an opportunity (myself included) that we haven't really had before - to take focused lessons on specific items from top professionals.

I'd write more, but i have to watch the download again.

Gratefully,
Aaron

Sep 2, 2007
Dang. I just received this, and dang. I really like this move. I won't be posting my own review until I've practiced it more and tested it out in some performance situations, but this is definitely the new opener for the ace routine I've been constructing.

Sep 1, 2007
Hmm...I've been looking at getting Panic which involves 4 kings and this involves producing four kings. To anyone that owns both, could this be a way to get into Panic or compliment it in someway? You know, change the aces, show the kings, then preform Panic?

Sep 1, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
Ive seen this used before and had no idea it was Kenners work. Great move though I am having some trouble with it. I might just need to play with it more but if anyone could give me a hand shoot me a PM. Thanks...

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Even though I already knew this move, I decided to purchase this to see how effective the teaching is for the 1-on-1 material and to make sure I was doing it 100% correctly (also learning the move from the creator is obviously the best way as it's there move).
Well I can see how JustinClark was having some difficulties getting it down as, no disrespect to Kenner, the key point of this move is only slighltly breezed over. I feel that for these 1-on-1 downloads that every move should be fully broken down and discussed so as to make sure that all levels of performer can take advantage of great moves such as this.
I myself have never gotten down a certain part of this either, though could still do the move as I worked around it, but this download didn't help me with the part I could never get down.
The quality of the download is amazing, and it's great to be able to have performers/creators of the caliber of Kenner etc to be the one's teaching us.
But im disappointed with how thoroughly, well the lack there of, of the teaching.
Im sorry but even though many are learning this and don't have any problems, I feel it needs to be said that there is quite a bit of room for improvement in how thoroughly everythings covered.
Im trying to give constructive criticism in the hope that as the 1-on-1 section grows so to does the quality of the teaching.
Kenner was a pleasure to listen to though and he covered other aspects well, but it CAN get beeter.

Sep 1, 2007
Orlando, FL
I've had Chris teach this to me in person and I still picked up a few very valuable tips from the video. My advice on this move: unless you've had Chris teach it to you, you're probably doing it wrong.

Aug 31, 2007
California
Great utility move for the Strazbourg Walts :)

Thanks Chris, I've been using my own little switch, but this seems to work a bit better.

Keenan

A very simple trick you can do with this is have 4 cards that are similar to the 4 you switch them for, and at first ask them to memorize the four, then execute, then use some sort of magical gesture and say that their cards has dissappeared. It's very very simple, but when I first started, it was a great effect for me. =P

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Hmm...I've been looking at getting Panic which involves 4 kings and this involves producing four kings. To anyone that owns both, could this be a way to get into Panic or compliment it in someway? You know, change the aces, show the kings, then preform Panic?

You could, indeed.
I'm working on a routine that involves this sleight as a precursor to Panic.

Well I'm thinking about buying it and all of the comments seem pretty good except I'm still sorta skeptical, should I get it or not? It seems like jsut a great way to start Panic but I don't want to spend 5 dollars for no reason.

-RA69

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Well I'm thinking about buying it and all of the comments seem pretty good except I'm still sorta skeptical, should I get it or not? It seems like jsut a great way to start Panic but I don't want to spend 5 dollars for no reason.

-RA69

Look at it this way:
If you like it, you've got a new utility sleight, and a good opener for Panic.
If you don't like it, then you've lost a lunch at McDonalds, but now know a good sleight, should you ever need it.

Look at it this way:
If you like it, you've got a new utility sleight, and a good opener for Panic.
If you don't like it, then you've lost a lunch at McDonalds, but now know a good sleight, should you ever need it.

Great point, heh heh McDonalds. Well I ordered it since the more sleights you know the better you become. And since I ordered Panic, which SHOULD arrive tomorrow, I think it fits well. Great review Angel it really sold it for me.

-RA69

Sep 3, 2007
Isn't this the move I learned on the Trilogy? I'm just wondering if that was good enough to learn the move correctly or is there more covered in the download?

Yes this download is awesome, I'm glad I bought it now since I can even do it as just a trick....people are really quite fascinated by it since your changing numerous cards not just one. My family said it's one of my best tricks and everytime they say it I laugh and want to burst out and say "It's not really a trick but, a utility =p" But,overal great prodcut I'm glad I bought it and can't wait for future 1-on-1's

-ra69

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results