"4" - Inspired by Gianni

May 3, 2008
I couldn't enjoy the ffect because the whole time I was thinking "What a freakin' ripoff." There has been arguements over this before, but seeing how much you were like him threw me off and didn't believe you as a human being. With that aside, I loved the effect. But I think you should have shown the cards to be different or something. You should also check with Gianni to see if this is the same.

Aug 31, 2007
First of all, agreed, very creepy. :eek:

Secondly, the change would have been impressive had the camera not jumped at the exact moment the change happened every time. The coincidence is to large for me to be impressed. :rolleyes:

Very very creepy. And yeah it's camera trick. You can see his face shift slightly at the moment of the change.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
If it is, I wonder how well that dvd will sell :rolleyes:

But if he's selling it, then it can't be a camera trick...

Gustav

Jan 13, 2008
But if he's selling it, then it can't be a camera trick...

Gustav
Have you seen his other videos that use camera tricks that he tries to pass off as real-time? :p

I'm not necessarily saying that's a bad thing...we may have the next Criss Angel on our hands, making millions, while the rest of us scrape by doing our non-camera trick versions of effects. ;)

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
It's because Dontavius sees Daniel Madison as a role model. Role model is, perhaps, a slightly weak word to describe the process, but who are we to decide?

Gustav

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
I mean no offence when I say this, but the least you could do is look like you're having a psychological spaz on a different way than d+M. At least bob your head some other direction!

hahah. Jokes.

Gustav

What makes me laugh is there's 13 seconds of performance in that video, and it's over 2 minutes long. It's just full of psychological spazzes.

But that's not what Daniel Madison does. He'll perform an effect thoroughly before he goes creepy on us - and that I don't mind, because it doesn't go on for long. If anything, it gives a nice effect to the video. But when you stand in front of the camera, shaking your head around, it's not good. Especially when only 9% of your video is actual 'magic'. (That's right, I worked it out).

And G, addressing the point you just made - yes, I do agree that having a role model is a wonderful thing. However, I think what Dontavius (I refuse to write d+R) has done is taken the whole idea way too far. This isn't inspiration, this is imitation - something I'm sure a lot of people do not like.

-Sam H

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
And G, addressing the point you just made - yes, I do agree that having a role model is a wonderful thing. However, I think what Dontavius (I refuse to write d+R) has done is taken the whole idea way too far. This isn't inspiration, this is imitation - something I'm sure a lot of people do not like.

-Sam H
Yes, quite.

But what I meant, was that no matter how much we complain, how much we try to change his mind - it's ultimately his decision how he wants to lead his life. If that's the way, then so be it. But he should know that, for however much it counts, he'll be frowned down by mos tof us at theory11.

Alas, props for holding the bloodthirsty originality patrol Don ;)

haha.

Sigh.

Gustav

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
Yes, quite.

But what I meant, was that no matter how much we complain, how much we try to change his mind - it's ultimately his decision how he wants to lead his life. If that's the way, then so be it. But he should know that, for however much it counts, he'll be frowned down by mos tof us at theory11.

A very valid point, and one I wish wasn't true, to be quite honest.

I'd like to make my final point on this topic, and I honestly hope Donavitus does read this, doesn't dismiss this as an attack, and takes what I say on board. If not... so be it.

You published the message that Daniel Madison sent you on your YouTube channel, and one part of it caught my eye. He says;

Daniel Madison said:
One thing i would say is that subtlety goes far, play down the act a little as it can become overdone, play up to the camera like you do, just not too much... be the guy in your mind, without trying to be the guy in your mind.
Best
D"

Do you realise what he's telling you? Tone down the act in front of the camera. The arm waving, the head rocking, etc. Now, don't get rid of it completely, because that's clearly how you enjoy making videos - and fair enough. But please, if you won't take note of what anyone here says, at least take note of the words of the person that inspired you to do all this in the first place.

-Sam H

Dec 29, 2008
GA
A very valid point, and one I wish wasn't true, to be quite honest.

I'd like to make my final point on this topic, and I honestly hope Donavitus does read this, doesn't dismiss this as an attack, and takes what I say on board. If not... so be it.

You published the message that Daniel Madison sent you on your YouTube channel, and one part of it caught my eye. He says;

Do you realise what he's telling you? Tone down the act in front of the camera. The arm waving, the head rocking, etc. Now, don't get rid of it completely, because that's clearly how you enjoy making videos - and fair enough. But please, if you won't take note of what anyone here says, at least take note of the words of the person that inspired you to do all this in the first place.

-Sam H
I laughed when I read that.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results