50 Matchbooks?

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Hey guys,
I was wandering around penguin and murphy when I found that they put out a new "product" which is basically a big bag of 50 matchbooks.
Now what is the point of this?
I dont really see it . Although it can come in a lot of use, such as in Lit, Warning, and all other match magic, I find it kinda pointless to sell such a large batch in a magic store when they can be found almost anywhere.
So im basically asking
-Whats the point?
-What tricks can you do with matchbooks?
-Wont it be extremely dangerous?

D

Deleted member 2755

Well I guess if your still 5 years old, then yes matches are extremely dangerous.:p Anyway, lots of magic effects use matchbooks. Look around. For the working magician, this is a very good deal. I noticed this myself. I made a note of it for when I start getting into effects that use matchbooks. There is absolutely a point. ;)

-Doug

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
It is a pretty good deal i guess
http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=11200
thats the link
I havent used a matchBOOK in ages. I only used match boxes.
Anyone got any sources for good tricks using them? I remember seeing quite a load before, but never really bothered to remember them as I didnt have any matchbooks, now i can.... ah... i see the point now...

wont they be dangerous
liek
if they are all kept together, one lights by accident...bonfire time.

thats the link
Anyone got any sources for good tricks using them? I remember seeing quite a load before, but never really bothered to remember them as I didnt have any matchbooks, now i can.... ah... i see the point now...

wont they be dangerous
liek
Those books look nice. lol

JDEN

nayost

Elite Member
Jun 18, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
my guess is because there are a few effects in the newly released True Astonishment that uses matchbooks, just to make our life easier and to make some money.

TA Effects using matchbooks:

- Lubor's Lense
- Smoking I
- Water Trap (this uses one book per performance)

nayos

Nov 8, 2007
As someone who performs both Lit and Water Trap regularly now, I bought the 50 matchbooks the moment I saw them.

Definitely a point to sell them for me.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
thats the link

wont they be dangerous
liek

Tricks with matchboxes?

-Ben Harris' CreepsV2 is awesome- think the haunted matchbox, but in the spectators hand!

-Paul Harris' Flashfold- a signed business card v anishes from the stack and appears in a matchbox on the table. Very cool! (AoA V.1)

-David Forrest's Boxing Clever. An ambitious card finale. The card vanishes and appears in a matchbox on the table. The card is tipped out- it's the signed selection. No cards to ditch, nothing to palm... You end with pretty much no heat and the matchbox can be seen to be empty. (Trickery set)

-Mathieu Bich's heat. A box of burned out matches is placed on the specs palm. With some magical byplay, the spec can open the box herself to see that the matches have all been fully restored. Can work in reverse too :)

There will be more, I'll add and edit accordingly :)

CL

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results