52magic.com?

Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
Hey guys... This is just a quick question, and I'm in no way trying to advertise for some website to compete with theory11. I just have a question about this magic retailing website: 52magic.com...

Thing is, there are some RIDICULOUSLY low priced magic stuff on it... So my question is, is this site reliable? Has anyone used this website and bought things from it? Steriotypically, it's located in China, so heck, it might be possible that they can produce these things at such cheap prices...

Thanks,
Rupayan

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
I wouldn't trust it just because they'e based in China. A lot of products are actually made there but all the fakes are too. The prices probably aren't far off the actual production cost though, which gives you an insight to the mark up on retail products.

Nov 30, 2010
well it's not fake... i've ordered loops from there, and it arrived after about 2 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
Hmmmm... I've looked up reviews from online... People say they sell knockoffs... but even then they have good quality... I mean some of the stuff looks very good, such as folding tables, to real stage stuff...

I wouldn't support the website just because it's based in China. China has a long standing reputation for ignoring copy right laws, and frequently rip or bootleg DVD's flooding the grey market with knock offs.

There may not be anything wrong with the quality, but the ethics to which it was procured may offend. As a rule I just avoid them and support local American business owners.

Reactions: CWhite

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
I purchased "Rope It Up by Soma" from this site last week. Since this product is $40 cheaper than any other website, I decided to take a plunge and ordered it. The shipping was very fast and I just received mine about 4 days ago. The quality, on the other hand, was not good at all. The ropes looks like they've already been used about 100 times and been thrown in the trash can twice. Also, the gimmick was built in a wrong way, so basically, the only thing that works is the DVD. I wouldn't suggest buying from that site though, they're basically selling second hand magic products. I bet the floating table there is a serious knock off from Losanders'.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I know for a fact it (the floating table) is the Losander knock off. I don't know for sure any more, but they even use to use Losander's demo video for their version of the table as well....ha ha.

Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
I understand the problem of how some stuff is just knockoffs, and personally it would feel wrong to buy things like that... but on the other hand, there are some things that look like they could be pretty useful. I mean the fold-up tables? I'm pretty sure there's not copyright on that, as I'm pretty sure i've seen those at places like Walmart... albeit not as good quality. But nonetheless, they look nice, and at a much cheaper price than magic stores. I'm sure that many of you guys agree with me when I say that magic bought from magic stores are ridiculously priced. Magic is very expensive. And seeing it sold at prices that are more reasonable here... I guess its a little tempting.

Jun 24, 2012
China Magic aka 52magic.com

I can say with recent, first-hand experience that you DO NOT want to purchase ANYTHING from them. All of their things are either cheap knockoffs or altogether defective. Their product descriptions misrepresent at every step. I can't emphasize these points enough to you all. King-magic.com is another one. Both are based in China. As an entrepreneur, I couldn't resist what I thought were the greatest deals in the world; the best opportunty to profit. But I refuse to sell junk. I ignored good 'ole fashioned common sense: "Everything that glitters isn't gold." So i'm currently in the process of geting a refund from Paypal, which I've already been approved for.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Do not buy from there. Trust me. I bought a Cobra Sharpie 2.0 The DVD case was cracked, the DVD had scratches all over it as if it were laying on some young kids bedroom floor, however the pen did work. I was able to get a half of a refund. Ugh....don't fall for it guys. I know it seems TOO good to be true because it is.

E

ElizabethMagician

I wouldn't only because its based in China, from what I've heard some Chinese company are making fake white monarchs they look the same but don't handle the same. So because of that personally I wouldn't.

Aug 25, 2022
Had a bad experience recently with 52magic, ebay and Paypal. 52magic said my coins were delivered and I proved them wrong; they said a new order would arrive. This stretched out for weeks, it seemed a new customer help aide was responding to each of my email queries. When I had enough I reported the problem to ebay and Paypal (who took their time) who informed me it was too late to leave feedback or get a refund. Thankfully I can afford this lesson and will not be using these two services for the near future. And now I'm off to relate my findings where ever I can. Anyone know where I can get -not too expensive- thin palming coins?

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
Everything on those sites are knock offs. With prices that cheap you get what you pay for. Don't become part of the problem. Support the original artists when you can and buy direct from them.​

See the above- 100% agreed. Whenever possible, go through the creator themselves, or ask for their recommended source for purchasing their products.

Reactions: CWhite

CWhite

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2016
I've been duped a few times also. Thinking I was getting a great deal... I did. A great deal of crap.
Not ALL Chinese sites are bad. You just need to do your research.
However I agree with Mr. Baird, buy it from the creator.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results