A bit of "art" with Centurions.

Oct 3, 2007
germany
I know art is a matter of opinion so I put it in quotation marks :p. Anyways, here's something that I fiddled around with after taking some pictures of myself doing some card springs. I thought I'd try and get you guys' oppinion on it. Here it is:

energy-spring.png

Thanks, comments appreciated. Oh yeah, Evilchiwawa is a really old username of mine over on a different forum.. in case you were wondering ;).

Oct 3, 2007
germany
Thank you kindly :D.

Sinful07 - Go ahead and print it for you folder if you want... I would be honored :p. PM me if you want a version without my name plastered all over it :>

Quicho - sadly I don't have any split spades to take pictures of :(.

Oct 3, 2007
germany
Thanks for the comments.

@ chrystal baller:

I took about 30 pictures of myself doing card springs as cleanly as possible, and used Photoshop to cut out and edit the best one. ;)

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Hey man, I love what you've done here, nice work :)

From a purely artistic point of view though, the shade of blue on the pips feels a little weird, and that vein in your left hand looks a little strange... I'm not sure about this final comment but the dark edges of the hands (not the highlighting) feels a little too cut out and not integrated enough into the background?

Having said all that, I'm really impressed and by my own admission am nitpicking - I certainly couldn't do anything even remotely in the ballpark, so well done :)

Sep 20, 2008
Do you mind if i take this- and ask you to do a bit of editting? (e.g. the name obviously, quotes and adding in an eblem/logo?)

only if its allright with you though- i really like this =]

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
Personally, I would remove the oouter glow, or at least fiddle around to make it not so glaringly... there.

In other words, simplify the picture.

The lighting effects on your hands are ugly. You should have cropped out your hands and used a seperate lighting effect setting for your hands.

Best regards,
Ben

Oct 3, 2007
germany
Thanks again for the comments :). Alright.. now for replies ;P

praetoritevong:
I agree with you, Im definetally going to go over this again and make a version two. I completetely agree on the blue shade of the pips, it's ever so slightly awkward. About the hands cut out; I didn't time to feather it almost at all, so it's pretty much just the raw lasso tool cut out right now, definetally gonna fix that up some. You completely nailed the factors that need to be worked on the most.

benjamind:
I agree to an extent on the hands lighting.. It's a little too bright right now imo, gonna darken it up a bit. Your opinion is appreciated. ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results