A good balance

Apr 4, 2008
Hey guys, I have sort of a problem.

I love flourishing. I started maybe 2 months ago and I love it. The problem is, I also love magic. Before I was doing Flourishing, I was doing magic. So really I love both.
The thing is, I find it now that I'm flourishing MUCH more than I am practicing magic. For example, before flourishing I was just doing magic and now I'm doing like only 45 minutes of magic a day.

So for those that do magic and XCM, how do you find a good balance? Should I just give up at one and stick with one? Should I just do more of what I love more?

Thanks.

-Max

Sep 3, 2007
Well... I do both and I simply practice what I want to practice. If I want to flourish I will flourish. Don't give one up! Do you expect to just do flourishing? If you just do flourishing then you can't grab the audience other than making them think "Wow he can juggle cards." And flourishing can help get your style across with magic. If I ever need to practice with a good balence, I would flourish in between practicing a routine. For instance, I would do five speed, then a few flourishes, my ACR, then a few flourishes.

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
I was in the same positions as you. Its easy to find balance...just do what you enjoy, I also spend more time on flourishing now, but I am genuinely more passionate about magic.

My tip is, do both and maybe incorporate some flourishing into magic.
e.g I use Jackson5 as a top pack retention shuffle (nah i joke, but you get the picture)

-DL

D

DavidLira360

Aris.SA Cardistry it´s not a mix between magic and flourishing, they are different things.

Cardistry is a non-magical manipulation of playing cards, while Magic focuses on manipulation designed for illusion.

These terms distinguish between sets of moves that can be performed with cards. It is absolutely possible to mix them together if you like. You can add some magical effects (productions, vanishes, control) to your Cardistry routines, or you could add some Cardistry (springs, fancy cuts, fans) to your Magical routine.

Da_Shine try to do 50/50, you will find a way to mix both at same time.

Apr 4, 2008
Ok cool thanks guys.

I think I'm gonna do 60% flourishing and 40% magic. I think I like it a little more than magic. And yeah there are some tricks that have flourishing in it too. BUt yeah thanks guys for your help.

I ordered Dangerous yesterday so yeah it'll go well. cool.

-Max

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
Aris.SA Cardistry it´s not a mix between magic and flourishing, they are different things.

Cardistry is a non-magical manipulation of playing cards, while Magic focuses on manipulation designed for illusion.

These terms distinguish between sets of moves that can be performed with cards. It is absolutely possible to mix them together if you like. You can add some magical effects (productions, vanishes, control) to your Cardistry routines, or you could add some Cardistry (springs, fancy cuts, fans) to your Magical routine.

Da_Shine try to do 50/50, you will find a way to mix both at same time.
I didnt say so, I just said that its cardistry not XCM :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results