A Heckler DVD

I'm not talking about the DVD by Brian Tudor, but was thinking that maybe it'd be a nice idea to have a DVD on how to deal with Hecklers. I know that Hecklers are annoying but they are an unavoidable part of magic and I think that some professional advice rather than "Make fun of them" would be useful. Seeing some professionals in the less than perfect performances on their DVD's, the times when things go wrong, I think would help newcomers deal with this issue. Maybe it's a stupid idea, I just thought it'd be interesting to see how the calm and collected professionals handle themselves when under heat, rather than actually looking for tips.

Sep 1, 2007
No man, this is a good idea. I agree that it would be nice for the pros to show how they have dealt with hecklers over the years. Nothing can replace experience, I know, but some advise never hurt anyone.

Sep 1, 2007
I think that would be a good idea...maybe as some hidden footage?

I usually just play along with them. "Its my first day" or from David Stone, "I do magic, not mircales." If you can take the wind out of their sails, they get quiet fast.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I also must agree. I would buy that DVD in a heartbeat! I mean, I've gone through my fair share of hecklers and such like most of you have, but to be able to see that even the pro's have their days and how they deal with them would be, well...Phenomenal.

Shane K.

Sep 2, 2007
I think its a great idea.. the only possible hard part of doing that is filming it. You can't really go "hey man, could you do me a favor? i'm filming a dvd and i need you to be a royal ass"

It might work, but then it wouldn't be as authentic

then again, im sure professionals get plenty of hecklers, though few like being asses with a videocamera in their face.

I think this would be a great idea, except getting footage would be hard, you would have to go to many random people until finally someone treats you like an ass. If it was a collaboration of artists it would be easier, and they could all teach their own techniques, like putting Wayne, Lee and, Aaron on a DVD and getting each of their takes and watching a clip, and analyzing it, and maybe incorporating their favourite tricks to do to hecklers. My thought

-RA69

I'm sure when they are out getting footage for their DVD's that they occasionally run into people taht aren't so nice. I know on Greed by Daniel Garcia it has some footage of people rejecting and heckling him and it was really neat to watch how Danny handled it, that's what got me thinking it'd be cool to see some other magicians methods.

I believe he ran into problems on his DGP DVD series as well. Kept going up to people and like 3 in a row were like, "No!" "No!" "No!" It's quite funny sometimes to watch how magicians are just like "Yeah cool your loss."

-RA69

Sep 2, 2007
You don't need a dvd for hecklers. . . just electric touch and a working knowledge of electronics. Just ramp up the power enough so absorbing the electricity won't kill you, then when a spectator starts to act up, just turn it on and shock them in the heart.

You don't need a dvd for hecklers. . . just electric touch and a working knowledge of electronics. Just ramp up the power enough so absorbing the electricity won't kill you, then when a spectator starts to act up, just turn it on and shock them in the heart.

Hahahaha, very well put. That might get you in a bit of trouble though, only if you kill him though. Hopefully the police believe you when you said he just was to shocked by my magic.

-RA69

Sep 2, 2007
Hahahaha, very well put. That might get you in a bit of trouble though, only if you kill him though. Hopefully the police believe you when you said he just was to shocked by my magic.

-RA69

Yeah, you're probably right. Still, Electric Touch would be a pretty novel way to deal with hecklers, even if you didn't jack it up to kill mode.

"Hey, I saw how you did that!"*starts to explain*
*magician shocks spectator in face*
"Ow! What the hell dude?!"
"Never reveal the secrets of magic. Next time I'll eviscerate you."

Sep 9, 2007
I wouldn't mind putting a little something together.

I learned to deal with Hecklers in other art forms I participate in, and the methods are cross-applicable. I'm sure you would find my methods entertaining.

I think this is a really good idea but I don't see T11 releasing a DVD like this. Maybe E or Penguin, but definately not T11.

If i'm not mistaken, T11 was formed to release ground-breaking magic DVDs, not ground-breaking crowd control DVDs.

Just my opinion.

Might be cool even as a 1 on 1 bonus or something, or maybe even something to think of adding as extra features on the DVD's that they do release? Didn't really think of Theroy 11 making it per se, more that it was a random idea I had that would be cool.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results