A levitating wirelessly powered lightbulb.

Sep 1, 2007
Its about time someone started doing Nikola Tesla's work. That guy was a freaking genius.

Sep 1, 2007
uh...... watched "The Prestige" , and never been to an engineering class I assume s3al? LOTS of work has been done on this, even in college as an intern I was working on a wireless transmitted power setup for lab mice to have their brain-implants powered without dragging cables anywhere. I guess I could see how you could just read something about Tesla, and assume it was true, not knowing any better.

there are some AWESOME wireless transmitted power setups going on all over! but you don't hear much about them because of the classified nature of them. Non-lethal deterrence systems, airborne ballistic missile defense (can you say a million watts!), unlimited-endurance UAV systems... all of these are wirelessly transmitted power systems.

I wouldn't let anybody near this lightbulb thing in case they had a pacemaker or something, heh... that's why I don't want to mess with an M5 or any PK effects. Safety first!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
uh...... watched "The Prestige" , and never been to an engineering class I assume s3al? LOTS of work has been done on this, even in college as an intern I was working on a wireless transmitted power setup for lab mice to have their brain-implants powered without dragging cables anywhere. I guess I could see how you could just read something about Tesla, and assume it was true, not knowing any better.

I really don't know what you mean here buddy. Maybe its just me but I don't see your point.

Sep 1, 2007
Just pointing out the inaccuracy of your "it's about time" statement.

As if Tesla's work was totally forgotten until some dude floated a light bulb and you saw a link on this site.

I was trying to "enlighten" you, pun intended; you come to this forum to learn, right?

Sorry for the interruption... we now resume your regularly scheduled programming.

Sep 1, 2007
Just pointing out the inaccuracy of your "it's about time" statement.

As if Tesla's work was totally forgotten until some dude floated a light bulb and you saw a link on this site.

I was trying to "enlighten" you, pun intended; you come to this forum to learn, right?

Sorry for the interruption... we now resume your regularly scheduled programming.

When I said "its about time" I meant its about time someone made the things he was working on. I'm just saying this is a big step in the right direction to make wireless electricity modern, of course we are still along way from that. Of course it was not forgotten, how could it be? I'm sure people have been working on these things for a very long time.

Sep 1, 2007
When I said "its about time" I meant its about time someone made the things he was working on...

...I'm sure people have been working on these things for a very long time.

This was funny and ironic. I won't bother debating you any more in the future.

Sep 1, 2007
This was funny and ironic. I won't bother debating you any more in the future.

working on it, and made it, are 2 different things.

1. Working means it not done.

2. Made means it is.

I am working on a card trick. (this means it is not done, it is a work in progress, he still has to work on it)

I made the card trick. (this means he is done, and he does not have to work on it any more)

Get it now?

"When I said "its about time" I meant its about time someone made the things he was working on"

When I said working on, I was also talking about levitation of objects. Not only wireless electricity. Because he already had something that would do that, he made it. But he was working on making it public, what was sort of the point of the post I made. And as far as I know he was working on the levitation of objects. See what I mean? or are you going to try and just be annoying? And I had no idea we where debating? why would I debate about something so stupid?

Sep 1, 2007
I'm just saying this is a big step in the right direction to make wireless electricity modern, of course we are still along way from that.

Dude! I was honestly not trying to be annoying. I was trying to educate you! You keep descending into sophistry!!!

Are you even listening to what I'm saying? If directed energy weapons are not a modern application, I don't know what is! These DO EXIST, but you practically have to have a PhD in physics to play with them.

I make one simple request people: Sharks with FRICKIN laser beams! :D

You'd do yourself a great favor to step back and realize there is a difference between what you currently comprehend, and reality. Opening your mind and comprehending what you read will go a loooong way torwards that goal - the journey never ends, we are all on it at various speeds. Some people's metaphorical cars are broken down on this road though.

I think your style of illogical posting is the so-called "ellusionist effect" which many people fear will happen (or believe it already has) to this forum.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results