A Little Bit of Inspiration

Aug 31, 2007
Greenville, SC
Hello

I just that maybe if I gave a somewhat testimony to how magic has inspired me and helped in my life that maybe some sort of inspiration might be found...lol

Anyway. I started magic one year, 2 months, and 3 days ago. It has been an obsession ever since. I believe that as magicians we must do anything and everything for the sake of the trick. That we use whatever means neccassary to show the audience something special, something they have never seen before.

I have had one great problem with this. My closest friends, even some of my closest family do not support my dream of becoming part of an idea like Theory 11. And when I say I want to become part of idea I mean it exactly the artists of Theory 11 mean it. To truly have a desire and a passion to teach and to train anyone who is willing to learn this great art.

Now back to my problem. We as magicians all have problems, whether it be heclers, or unsupporting family and friends, or w/e, the important thing to learn from these difficulties is that we are not alone. We as magicians have eachother in a way. And now through Theory11 that opportunity has become even easier to obtain.

So to end all this chaos of probably horrible grammar and ha ha maybe a few things that didn't quite make sense. Don't be afraid to help one another here. This is our chance as the next generation of magicians to make a difference in magic...even...in the world. Thank you to all the members that are apart of Theory11 now and those to come. Thank you to the artists of Theory11 for making it a whole lot easier for my dreams to come true:).

And remember...This is...only the beginning...

Are You Watching Closely

David Rackley

Sep 1, 2007
McAllen, Texas
Pleasure to meet you David. I wish you the best on your magical journey.

I have been studying and performing for the past 10 years. However, I stopped performing and practicing a 1 1/2 ago.......but never stopped thinking about it.

Magic is my true passion.

See you on the boards.

Great to hear that you have such a passion, my family too doesn't support me overly in this artform, they don't mind that I do it and they enjoy the results, but it seems they're always reluctant about it in some form.

Especially when it comes to purchasing efffects or spending money on the artform. Hopefully once they realise like in my situation that you truly are interested in this artform, they'll support your choice...it will come in time just as in the case of a friend of mine.

The story I'll share isn't related to magic, but follows the same problem outlined here.

My friend had a true passion for fighting, more so boxing, and like most parents, his were extremely against it. But he continued to practice and persiodically have friendly fights behind their backs. Eventually they found out and there was alot of trouble, but once they realised that this was something he trully enjoyed and didn't use in a bad manner against people, they began to support him.

In the end he got full support and continued on his dream path. I'm pretty sure this will eventually happen in both our situations (regarding magic of course) just give it time....that's my two cents :)

Aug 31, 2007
Greenville, SC
Thank you all. I look forward to using the help that all of you have and encouragement that you all have given throughout my journey.

Are You Watching Closely

David Rackley

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results