A little something you may not have expected...

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
A video will be up on IllCenter soon.

It will not be 6.66 I'm afraid - Kevin Parker isn't as goth as me. It will be a standard priced DVD and Download from Ill Center.

After the amount of emails I got from the primary Shudder vids and the reviews and threads floating around I figured it would be worth putting this out while everyone is waiting for the Altered project to surface!

D.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Shudder is so great in comparison to how simple, and easily acvieved the work is, you will wanna punch yourself in the spleen for not considering the idea yourself!

This is a big one, guys! Save some cash!!

CL

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Wow. Great news Dee. Congratulations to you Sir.

Any links to vids?

Last edited by a moderator:
Im sorry to be a spoil sport, but most of kevin parkers ideas are so lame/used before that i tend to look at him as a guy looking to get money but not a magician... a lot of professional magicians agree with me on this..

an example of this is CANZ and PHYHC (cant spell it) the idea is just stupid in canz as its so suss... and phyhc(still cant spell) is an idea used before...

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
I do agree with you on several of KPs products, I think some are awful - however, he does also have some cool ideas - Passing Thru (Intrusion) is a great coin in bottle for instance, I couldn't figure it out!!

Either way, This isn't a KP idea, this is a DC original effect which has had critical acclaim from many, many industry pro's who either saw it live, or saw the video and were taught the method.

Shudder is a true lesson in deception, KP will be teaching from my very in depth notes of the effect which features the use of real bold methodology, helped out by a little science (don't be put off - you wouldn't tell!) and some great psyche and optics.

It'll be out soon guys, it's in production. ;)

D.

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Well, I'm adding things to your quotes, because they're funny.
As an avid appreciator of funnies, I like to acknowledge said funnies.

You're a funny guy.

Sorry to add things to your quote :D
I was messing with you I deleted the part because of uglyness but then sleight_of_hand came in and took the words right out of my mouth.

Anyway, back on topic and I'll ask for the second time:
1. Are there any links to performance videos or teasers for Shudder? I cant even tell what it is.

2. Is there any time frame for Altered?

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
You guys should get videos (at least one) of a performance before you decide to release a said product or even tease about one. It'd help as people enjoy visual aids for something they're about to purchase.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
1. There are teasers around, but they're very well hidden. You may come across them, you may not, either way a video will be up on Ill Center soon.

The basic effect is that you can move a soda can, with liquid still in it across a table with your mind alone.

The principle could be applied to other items, but I find it works best with soda cans. It's completely impromptu, has very good angles, no ridiculous set ups or clean ups and looks ghostly.

2. Altered was originally set to come out around Xmas, but we had to push it back a little due to a couple of things. It'll more likely be out jan/feb time now... But we'll see...

D.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
You guys should get videos (at least one) of a performance before you decide to release a said product or even tease about one. It'd help as people enjoy visual aids for something they're about to purchase.

Video's aren't always necessary - I don't find anyway, also watching an effect as a magician and watching as a laymen are 2 different things.

If you were to watch certain effects, you may go, "Oh, ok, so there's a switch here and this here" and could reverse engineer the effects.

I'm not saying this is possible with Cinders or Shudder, as they're pretty unique in their methodology...

I may post the link to the original video here shortly...

D.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Video's aren't always necessary - I don't find anyway, also watching an effect as a magician and watching as a laymen are 2 different things.

If you were to watch certain effects, you may go, "Oh, ok, so there's a switch here and this here" and could reverse engineer the effects.

I'm not saying this is possible with Cinders or Shudder, as they're pretty unique in their methodology...

I may post the link to the original video here shortly...

D.

Ditto for Freezer Burn, I know you were asking for vids of that too.

Sometimes a video demo isn't necessary. thats not to say we won't consider trailers, once the products are released, but surely we have advanced enough to make judgements without seeing exactly what we are purchasing, we don't NEED the visual 'nudge'... just my opinion!

CL

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
To everyone thinking that the method might be impractical or hard, it's not. As soon as this comes out i suggest you buy it.

Ps.

The moment you see the demo you will add to cart that is how crazy this trick truly is.

-Michael

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results