Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
"Diablos"
Journal of Feb 12

by Luis Vega

2 weeks ago

Luis!! are you ready? the clients are coming in any minute!!-Arq. Ricardo says to me
Don´t worry Arquitect, the blueprints are ready..as the renders-I answer
Ok!! I just wanted to be ready...I hope you are, since you are coming with me to the meeting--He says
Ok...no problem!!...

The architect firm is my main job...I love magic! but architecture has always been my forever love, since I wanted to be an architect for as long as I can remember, so I enjoy having a new job with insurance and good pay...I just wonder when can I get back to magic again big time...

Luis, the clients have arrived---Ale the secretary says
Ok...I´ll met them...

I start the meeting with the clients, since these guys are the owners of almost all the bars here in my city I want to make a great work...the meeting goes normal, they do love the project and they are willing to build it...awesome!! it seems that I will be the one in charge of this project..

"Ok..that would be for today"--Ricardo says
"Awesome!! I loved the project, I think it´s going to be a pleasure working with you"
"I agree...now have you seen Luis Talents?"
"What?" I think and they say...

He explains that I am a great magician and that they should see me in action...NOW!!...fortunately I have my cards on my man-purse (?) so I give a quick demostration of the art and they are fascinated...

"Luis!! so besides being the architect in charge of this project, you are an awesome magician!! and I have seen many!!" Raul...one of owners says
"Thanks you Raul"
"I want you to come to the Diablos to do an audition and maybe you could work with us.." Ok..I didn´t expect this, since right now I am an architect...but hey!!...trying costs nothing
"Ok..how about today at 9:00?"
"Terrific!! see you there!!"

Ok...what just happened? I was on a meeting to check a building project and suddenly I got an audition for the coolest place in town?..FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!

Diablos
Some days ago

I arrive a little bit late, since I got out of work late and I had to change my clothes and get my stuff at my home...anyway it´s only 9:05 so I am only five minutes late

"Welcome To Diablos!! is someone expecting you?" the hostess says
"Yes..I am here to see Raul Frausto"
"Ok...come on in"

I just hang around and I start to check my audience...to my surprise this place is pretty much a family place, regardless of the name "Diablos" I see all kinds of audience around having a good time: kids, youngs, senior and adults..so it´s pretty much every kind of audience you can possibly find in a real life environment...although when I used to work in Capitan George, it was mostly adults and seniors...anyway, this should be interesting

"Luis!! glad you could make it!!" Raul says while he arrives
"Hello Raul!! how is it going?"
"Great!! we have a busy night!! so...are you ready?"
"Yes..."

He introduces me to the staff and they seem like nice people and eager to help me in anything I could need...the manager tells me that in this half hour he will be following me around to see how I work in real life...

the set I have prepared is: The Rage Routine (Sure, Now....where...and Dissolution) as my opener, Son Of A Thief (My own ring flight with a ring routine before) rubberbands, coin routine, Loops, Liquid metal, Pressure, Bill Switch, Watermark, Appearing Cane and Dissapearing Glass with water...

I start with the first table, full of Motorcycle guys...my kind of audience...the moment I do this joke "Take anyone you want" while spreading the deck "and by anyone I mean a card"...they cracked up loudly!! and next "now show it to everyone...the card!!" they continue to crack up!!...they are mine at this point

I haven´t realize that a big audience is around the table and the staff is having a great time also...anyway...I continue with a table full of kids and I open with a manipulation routine and the kids think that was very cool!! quick little tricks like a coin routine rubberband and floating card work great with them...

Then I arrive to a table full of VIP according to the owner...since this guys looks more mature, some mentalism like Watermark, numbers and center-tear works better for them also a quick poker demostration...

Time is up...

"Luis!! you are indeed very great!! I had a magician some years ago in another of my restaurants..but he is not as half as good as you!! people loves you!!"
"I know..."
"jajajaj cocky bastard!! I love that!! anyway I talk with my associates and they are willing to pay you the quantity you wanted...also you are free to ask for tips and at the end of the night you are free to eat and drink what you like...how´s that sound?"

Ok...this is the greatest deal ever!! I need to accept right now...but I need to ask something else

"How many days you want me here?"
"Oh!! it will be fridays and saturdays from 9 to 11 pm..also if you have a private gig somewhere else you are free to cancel with a previous call"

WHAT?!!! AM I DREAMING? BEST.DEAL.EVER!!

"Ok...I guess we have a deal" I say
"Oh!! playing hard!! hahahaha I love that!!! ok...so see you next friday!! and welcome to the team"

I go to my car and think about how lucky I am...and to be honest it was about time, since I´ve been working so hard...I need to buy some new magic, since this will be one of the most challenging environments I´ve been...let´s see how it goes...I believe in me...

Mar 27, 2010
Que hijo de su.... y cuando un videito de las rutinas para disfrutar? obviamente con gente

Sep 1, 2007
What an incredible turn of events! Just goes to show that hard work pays off eventually! Best of luck to you Luis, knock 'em dead!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Luis, that is excellent my friend. Sometimes things just pop up like this and you have to run with them. I'm happy for you. Looking forward to more stories from this place. Good luck with the architect job. It is definitely nice to not have to rely on just "magic" income to make ends meet. Hope to hear from you soon.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Luis:

I've missed your journals entries. I'm glad that things are going well at your job and in magic. Well done my friend.

Sep 9, 2010
Congratulations! Just goes to show that we can't plan everything in our lives, sometimes the best things in life just happen!

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
@Sebaman

si..ya necesito grabar...pero necesito contratar a alguien para que me acompañe y salgan bien...odio los videitos de webcam...

@ Tricky Nicky

Thanks man!! I really appreciate it!! I will continue working on it...

@Reverhart

Thanks My Man!! I enjoy both jobs...and it shows that this way I never get bored of each...and I always eager to learn new things in both jobs...

@Reality One

Yes..I also missed writing them...but I always want to write something good and not fillers...thank you my friend!!

@The Ilusionist Casen

Yes,...it was so unexpected...but you have to be ready when that happen....

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results