A new card control

Jul 13, 2008
I hope this isn't exposure, but with the ego slip the card sticking out is not the card that he showed. With mine the that is shown IS the card that is sticking out.

Sep 2, 2007
Nice control although i think i know the method after watching the clip. Frankly i reckon this would be something like what Lee Asher would have thought of....very angle sensitive but cheeky.

And yes i believe the card sticking out is the card shown BUT you CANNOT turn your palm face down to tilt the deck to prove it. :)

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Very deceptive... Though... Angle could be an issue, but most of the time it won't be I don't think. I like the idea behind it. Keep up the good work.

Jul 16, 2008
hey there....this control is used and taught by daniel garcia, exept he controls the card to the top using what i think is the same method...hope that is some help....
peace!

Nov 6, 2007
That's pretty nifty. I worked it out based on what others have already said and yes it is quite angle sensitive. I couldn't see myself using it but it is clever. So... props! :D

Aug 1, 2008
I would only perform it in the streets if I was performing for 1 or 2 people. When the crowd gets bigger... well lets just say your only good spot is in the front...

(if it works as I imagine it does)

however, i think it's brilliant for webcam/on-film tricks.

cheers

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I like it, actually. Here's a suggestion, after you stick the card in, maybe tilt the deck down a little to hide the depth of the card? And for people who don't read previous pages of threads, it's not ego slip. Nice idea though.

Jul 13, 2008
Yeh, that's what I do when I perform this. But I only use this control if I'm getting the selected card into a gambler's comp so I could perform a card to pocket type thingy.

Aug 4, 2008
im sure i speak for many of us in saying a tutorial would be amazing. Just to see if it works the way we think it does =). but if its not DG's ego slip it looks really great!

Sep 2, 2007
Stockholm, Sweden
That control gets me thinking about Ernest Earick's Bow-to-stern Control, just up-side-down...

It looks good :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 13, 2008
It's not the ego slip, or similar to it. It's just because of the camera angle, it can look like the ego slip at times.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results