A new card control

Aug 24, 2008
Greece
Hi guys! I came up with what I believe is an original card control . . . I don't really have a name for it so right now I'm just calling it Shift. It is not a pass, it does not mess with the order of the cards, the card sticking out of the deck really is the card that I showed a moment before, and the card can be signed. It's not the best video as I don't have a camera stand, but I want to know what you guys think! And please, if you don't think it's original, please tell me!
http://www.vimeo.com/1459095
http://www.vimeo.com/1459806 *this is the new video*

kinda looks like the ego slip(ego control)

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Nice, this must be inspired by Danny Garcia (i think from his project DVD's).

Simple.. and yet deceptive.

but the angles could be a problem but since you say your in control then great. :D

I honestly wasn't thinking about the Ego Slip . . . it's not very similar in method. Thanks for all the comments, guys!

Hmmm....I think it is too much like Danny Garcia's Ego Slip. I mean, too much. But of it is a good control.

Like I said, the method isn't close at all. It may look like it, but believe me it's not.

idk man the first thing i thought of when i saw it was ego slip. it looks exactly like it accept the fact that you control the card to the bottom not top. IF it REALLY is not similar to ego slip then good job man.

Yes, the second video, I think it is the second one, looks like the ego slip from the angle. However, the first video you can see the difference and it definitely isn't ego. It's not even similar.

Anyway, I'm not sure at all if it is that original at all. However, it is a pretty good idea.

I hope this isn't exposure, but with the ego slip the card sticking out is not the card that he showed. With mine the that is shown IS the card that is sticking out.

very nice, it does look a lot like Danny Garcias ego slip..but if this is orignial..dang that fooled me. keep it up!

hey there....this control is used and taught by daniel garcia, exept he controls the card to the top using what i think is the same method...hope that is some help....
peace!

Looks similar to Ego...

It's not the ego slip, or similar to it. It's just because of the camera angle, it can look like the ego slip at times.

The amount of people who don't read threads is distressing, datskanars.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Not bad, I like the subtlety you added to make the depth look right. Guys, please stop saying this is the Ego Slip, it looks like the Ego Slip, it's based off of the Ego Slip. It's not.

Advice I can give would be to make it more fluid, as well as make sure you have your angles covered very well. It has the potential to be extremely angle sensitive. Other than that, keep up the good work.

David

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
IMO - keep this to yourself for a while. A few people can see the method from the performance, that small group is good enough for the time being I think. Ultimately though, do what you want - and if you're not sure, wait a while.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Do not make a tutorial on this. I would suggest keeping it to yourself for a while and developing it even more. In my opinion it's too sloppy when you put the card in, so try to work on making that a lot quicker and smoother.

David

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
It's a nice looking control - once you've got it down I imagine it'll be very cool :D

By the way, speaking of shifts, 2 more of my ebooks Cold and Shift are back on my site at the new price of £6.66! Goth-Core! OH YEAH!

D.

D, while this whole 6.66 aesthetic to the pricing is nice, one might think you are robbing yourself a little...

CL

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I'm going to say that no tutorial is the best way to go.

A) refine it til its perfect, you do it very well now seeing as how so many people are blind to the method.
B) making tutorials for every thing you create, immediately, without compensation...not smart in the long run. If you take time to get a a good repertoire of moves and effects that are original, you can have entire routines that very few people will know how to do which, ultimately, is how most people get consulting jobs. They have a deep knowledge of the art, and have been creating their own stuff.

I understand this one control isn't the next clipshift, but it's a useful tool that I would hold onto.

And again, good control-and happy magic everyone.

-Rik

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
Really cool but Danny Garcia has a move like that called the Ego Sl.......sorry i couldn't help it.

Sweet control and i'm still in the dark as to how it works. Keep it to yourself though, it's your move and maybe someday will feature in a set of lecture notes or a dvd.

Jul 13, 2008
I have lots of other original moves, ideas, tricks and color changes so I just might write up a set of notes in a few years!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results