Absurdist Theatre

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
Okay, so this isn't technically magic, but it IS theatre, which is just as relevant.

Alright, here's the deal.. I just started in my Grade 11 Drama class... our first assignment was Theatre of the Absurd... we were assigned the piece "Come and Go" by Samuel Beckett and were required to, in three days, produce our own interpretation of it. So here it is, our original performance of "Come and Go"

By the way, to anyone unfamiliar with absurdist theatre, it's not supposed to make any sense whatsoever. So, hopefully, it doesn't.

Comments appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFihWEM4V6w

Michael Kras

Jan 10, 2008
I thought it was very inspiring, I would very much like to read the playwright for that. I could not hear what was being said in that short play, but I have a loose interpretation based off what I saw. Was the artist's message behind the play, about the diversity of human beings and the way we as human beings judge are differences rather then appreciating them.

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
I also found it to quite inspiring. :)

Ahhh, theatre. I love it. I'm also in theatre at my high school. Guyer High School Theatre. :)

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
There were also some other very unique takes on this.

Another group that did this same piece had us all sit on the stage while they performed among the seats... which I thought was genius. Another group did the entire thing without speaking and only communicating with bells, whistles, and Slinkeys.

Aug 4, 2009
Beckett is awesome.. Waiting for Godot is my favorite..

Have you ever seen/read Equuis by Peter Shaffer? It's messed up man

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results