Access (Cody Nottingham)

Sep 3, 2011
Middle of nowhere NY
Let me preface this review by saying that firstly, I absolutely love this effect and the move behind it, and secondly, I’m very excited about it, as I find myself constantly thinking of new ideas and routines for the effect.

Description

Access is a card-to-box routine from Cody Nottingham. The effect is impromptu, and the download (which runs 12 minutes in length) includes various handlings, as well as several other applications, such as color changes and transpositions. As seen in the video, the appearance of the card is really visual, and materializes in just the blink of an eye, with minimal cover.

Method

Let’s talk about the method. Quite simply, Cody’s ideas behind the move(s) is/are ingenious, and more than that, practical enough to use with confident ease. The move is easy to learn, and you’ll get it down pat if you just practice for a little while. I started performing Access for my family about a day and a half after I downloaded and watched it, and they were fooled, so it’s definitely a plausible, quickly learned, and hard hitting method behind the effect. It can be a little tricky to get exactly perfect, and every now and then I’ve messed it up, but other than that the method is sound.

Applications

Access is, of course, great as a card to box routine. While Cody doesn’t provide a long, patter-filled routine for the effect, I strongly believe that the method is inspirational enough that if (and you should!) you buy the effect, you’ll begin to think of all sorts of things you could do. You could make into an ACAAN-like routine in which you tap the box x number of times, with the final tap making the card appear. The possibilities really are endless with this card-to-box method that Cody has developed.

Final Thoughts

Here’s what I like most about Access: it really does have something for everyone. That phrase seems to be thrown around a lot in the magic world, but I really think it applies here. People just getting into magic who buy Access acquire a really strong card to box routine that they can use to further inspire their magic. Older card-sharks, however, will find room within the routine to add their own touch and years of experience. They too can innovate and add on to the effect.

Just go buy it! You won’t be disappointed with Access. It’s only 5 dollars, which is a steal, and you’ll be getting an awesome card-to-box effect.

http://www.ltbmagic.com/access-cody-nottingham

Crede

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results