Alexander Popov

Sep 2, 2007
London
Does anyone know where I can find video of this guy performing? I've heard he blew people away with his close-up flourish act at FISM 2006, and the Bucks cite him as an influence, but I can't find footage of him anywhere.

Can anyone help?

Sep 1, 2007
whoa, this guy sounds really cool, I googled him and this is what came up: (blog from the FISM show)

Alexander Popov - Card Magic - Russian Federation: This was a very strange act, very techincal, but probably because of the language problem he had almost no presentation, but just whistled as he did some unbelivable flourish cuts and chosen card productions, with cards spinning all over in multiple packets, and a climax of building a card castle in his hands which almost worked, very good technically, but probably not good enough on the presentation side.

sounds like frikken XCM'ing dude I want to see this act!

Sep 2, 2007
London
Yeah, I really want to see this in-the-hands card castle.

Jerry Cestkowski mentions him in the EoPCF in quite disparaging terms saying that while "he certainly deserves credit for inventiveness and ambidexterity...most of the stuff he does is light-speed, low-amplitude weirdness". I think his main issue is the speed. We know The Flourishman thinks all flourishes should be done slowly, which I personally disagree with for a lot of moves, so this objection doesn't bother me at all.

Mr Cestkowski says that he saw Popov "on part of a Michael Ammar tape, where Ammar travels to Russia". I hope this helps someone point me in the right direction for finding footage.

Yeah, I really want to see this in-the-hands card castle.

Jerry Cestkowski mentions him in the EoPCF in quite disparaging terms saying that while "he certainly deserves credit for inventiveness and ambidexterity...most of the stuff he does is light-speed, low-amplitude weirdness". I think his main issue is the speed. We know The Flourishman thinks all flourishes should be done slowly, which I personally disagree with for a lot of moves, so this objection doesn't bother me at all.

Mr Cestkowski says that he saw Popov "on part of a Michael Ammar tape, where Ammar travels to Russia". I hope this helps someone point me in the right direction for finding footage.

Well jerry doesn't mean doing flourishes slow is good but doing it at a good speed that your audience can see what your doing. Unlike do a sybil so fast that people will see your hands doing something but they don't know what it is.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results