Always take that chance.

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA
I just wanted to share this.
When I go to shows in a small venue where I know the musicians will be hangning around I always bring extra aces for them to sign. The last time did this I got to meet one of my favorite emcees named Eyedea. Turns out he is a big fan of closeup magic and stand-up comedy (one of my other interests). We talked for a while and i asked him to sign the ace of clubs. He asked to see a trick first so I did a trick ending with a third card changing into the two previously freely selected cards in the order which they were picked. Luckily he had picked the ace I wanted him to sign. I acted like that was my intention all along. On his reveal I smacked his card onto the deck and said "Now sign that ace"! He was floored. He gave me a hug and signed my card. A month later he passed away due to heart complications. I'm glad I got to bring him one moment of joy to pay back for the years of listening pleasure he had brought me.

My moral here is always take the chance to perform and share your art. You never know if it will be your only chance. R.I.P Michael.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I just wanted to reply to this thread because I feel like it deserves one. That's a lovely story, and you're absolutely right.

Also, what the heck, you live in Decatur? I was staying there from January to May of this year, studying on exchange at Emory. Wish I noticed earlier!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
I just wanted to reply to this thread because I feel like it deserves one. That's a lovely story, and you're absolutely right.

Also, what the heck, you live in Decatur? I was staying there from January to May of this year, studying on exchange at Emory. Wish I noticed earlier!

Indeed. You never know when something like will happen. It is truly a blessing to be able to share your joy and happiness for what you love with other people. It definitely makes me feel accomplished and wanting to perform a lot more.

And Prae, it's nice to see you again on the boards! :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results