America's Got Talent Season 10

zstonish

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
Hey everyone! I have been pretty quiet via the forums, but thought I would come out of hiding. Most of you probably don't remember me, and that's okay. Who care's anyways... lol.

I searched through the forums and was surprised that there wasn't a thread started about America's Got Talent Season 10. Since there was a magician winner last year, and some on the show this year, I think it's worth while to discuss!

Did anyone see Piff the Magic Dragon? While I'm sure most remember him from Penn & Teller's Fool Us, his act was still just as hilarious. I'm glad the judges agreed as well! If you missed out here is the YouTube link

Also, I was excited to see hypnotist Chris Jones on the show too. He got a little nervous with that first buzzer, but then Howard did end up giving him his first yes vote! Here is that YouTube link

I'd love to hear everyone else's thoughts!

Oh ya, and I plan on staying around for awhile. I won't disappear anytime soon. Sucks to be you! Haha just kidding.. I hope!

I have mixed feelings about AGT, especially for magic. 90 seconds just isn't long enough to establish oneself as a performer. Piff is the perfect example of that, while funny, his performance wasn't nearly as good as it was on fool us because he was rushed. (plus americans just don't seem it get dry humor the same way the british do)

The hypnotist was very good. I'd imagine it'd be quite difficult to do in a setting like that.

As for last year's winner Mat Franco, i'm astounded he won. He's an average close up performer at best, He didn't do an original trick once on the show. I can't even guess what his "million dollar stage show" looks like

zstonish

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
AnthonyL you bring up some good points. I think Mat Franco surprised us all that he made it through. Even he admits having all musical acts in the finale was to his advantage, and lucky. He worked hard, and the timing was right. Lots of people were upset with David Blaine when he first came on the scene, since he was doing simple generic stuff as well. But he did it before anyone else. Props to both David Blaine, and Mat Franco. Lol

Sure 90 seconds is tricky, but sometimes you have to show up and play to move yourself and career forward. However, even in a short timeframe everyone was able to pick up on Piff's presentation, and style. I love dry humor, and I didn't feel his performance felt too rushed, although he seemed a little nervous.. which could come off as a similar thing.

You can tell Chris' segment went way over 90 seconds the way it was edited. I agree with you completely, it's going to be very difficult for him to move forward in AGT. Comedy hypnosis in 90 seconds is even more tricky. But if he can pull it off, it will be a huge success!

Regardless, it will be fun to watch where these acts go, and what other acts will follow. Has anyone heard of other magicians on this season?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results