An Apology From Me To You Guys...

Hey guys,

I feel really stupid and ashamed of myself right now. Like, guenuinly, I feel really crappy right now and I keep kicking myself in the booty for posting such a stupid this here.

Last night, I posted a thread called "Life. Do you have one?" here in the General Forums which talked about things like how some people (here on the forums) should get a life and stop practicing so much and basicly saying to get a life because you don't have one.

I don't know what influenced me to do something so stupid. I realized that that post offended some people and hurt their feelings a bit and I truely, honestly, didn't mean to do that. If I did, you don't know how sorry I am. I was raised better than to talk about people like that and I know if my parents read what I said that they would be dissapointed in me.

I know this is "closed topic" material what I'm threading about now but for those of you who read the thread and are reading this now, I just want to say I'm sorry. It was really stupid what I did and what I said was wrong and hurtful and I hope that you guys can forgive me.

Thanks for reading.

"A mistake is only a mistake if you don't learn from it." - Mom :)

Sep 1, 2007
I wasn't offended or anything, but yah it takes guts to post what you did. props. you got a decent post count on it though lol, up to 30! lol.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
It's all good. Now that you mention it, I looked back at my response and I'm kicking myself in the arse for how "emo" I sounded. Life isn't bad, I meant to word it in a way that showed that magic is more of an "escape", you know?

Shane K.

you're okay in my books goofy,

like everyone else said, it's good you can admit that you were wrong and learn from your mistake.

i actually wasn't offended at all, but found you made a valid point to some degree, but you need to take into consideration that for a lot of us magic is our passion. i don't know what you guys think but for me magic is for life.

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
I actually liked the message, but I can see how others might be offended. But I think it needed to be said.

There are hobbies, passions and obsessions. All three are ok, but when you neglect the basics in life, family, friends, health and education, you need to think about how far you want this to go.

Thankyou.

Ty

Hey guys,

I feel really stupid and ashamed of myself right now. Like, guenuinly, I feel really crappy right now and I keep kicking myself in the booty for posting such a stupid this here.

Last night, I posted a thread called "Life. Do you have one?" here in the General Forums which talked about things like how some people (here on the forums) should get a life and stop practicing so much and basicly saying to get a life because you don't have one.

I don't know what influenced me to do something so stupid. I realized that that post offended some people and hurt their feelings a bit and I truely, honestly, didn't mean to do that. If I did, you don't know how sorry I am. I was raised better than to talk about people like that and I know if my parents read what I said that they would be dissapointed in me.

I know this is "closed topic" material what I'm threading about now but for those of you who read the thread and are reading this now, I just want to say I'm sorry. It was really stupid what I did and what I said was wrong and hurtful and I hope that you guys can forgive me.

Thanks for reading.

"A mistake is only a mistake if you don't learn from it." - Mom :)

I wasn't personally offended but , I would understand if someone here was... I think that your post here is very well done and in excellent taste.. You just earned some respect from me ... Very classy friend..

Sep 1, 2007
Hey man. It takes a brave man to say what you just did. Personally, I didn't find the post insulting at all, I actually agree with most of the things there, although I can how it can offend others who are really serious about magic. All is cool. Don't feel bad or anything.

Hey man, for me, it didn't offend me, but like others have said, I can see how someone could have taken it the wrong way. I thought it wasn't a bad idea to post, but there were risks and great job for posting this and apologizing to those who were offended.

Well, now that we all have clear consciousnesses (sp?) let's move on and enjoy our day :)

Sep 4, 2007
Birmingham UK

Lighten up, its just a post on a message board, I dont think you really have anything to be sorry for, if people did get offended then they have insecurity problems or whatnot...

Now if you insulted the mothers of every member here... that would be something to kick yourself over.

Sep 2, 2007
I realized that that post offended some people and hurt their feelings a bit and I truely, honestly, didn't mean to do that. If I did, you don't know how sorry I am.

A great man once said, I believe it was Chris Kenner, "Don't be sorry, just don't do it again."

Well, I'm not sure if that quote is applicable to you. While some people may have taken offense from you telling them to get a life, I took your thread as a critique -- a piece of advice intended to improve those reading it -- though it may not be, like the quote above, applicable to everyone.

Cheers,
JTM

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
A great man once said, I believe it was Chris Kenner, "Don't be sorry, just don't do it again."

Well, I'm not sure if that quote is applicable to you. While some people may have taken offense from you telling them to get a life, I took your thread as a critique -- a piece of advice intended to improve those reading it -- though it may not be, like the quote above, applicable to everyone.

Cheers,
JTM

As did I.
Great minds think alike.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results