An Idea I Would Like Help With

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
I stumbled across a new idea and method for an effect by accident the other day. Here is the effect:

The magician displays a bottle of water, and has two spectators help him. He tells them that the water is in fact ice cold, just drawn from the fridge. He asks a spectator to hold out their hand and a tiny bit of water is poured on it. They confirm the temperature is indeed cold. However, you immediately pour the same water on the other spectator's hand and they visibly react to the fact that the water has suddenly become very hot! No switches or anything of the like. You can even do this on a single spectator and with a single continuous pour! They actually feel the water go fromq freezing cold to boiling hot in a split second!

I am still working on it, just want to know what you all think of the idea. Has it been done before at all? Would this be workable?

Thank you!

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
They actually feel the water go fromq freezing cold to boiling hot in a split second!

How hot is boiling hot? I don't know if scalding a spectators hand would be a good idea...

If it's just somewhat cold then becoming lukewarm, it may not be terribly powerful. However, if it can go from ice cold to hot, the idea does sound interesting.

-ThrallMind

Dec 25, 2007
hey man...it sounds great....i think it will work very awesomely.....lolol like is this cold.....is this cold AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY HAND.....ITS BLISTERING lolol that would be funnyn ahaha lolol

that sounds like something along the line of two tricks from sean fields explicit content book

Elemental - Cause a normal glass of water to first boil, then freeze! The effect is a unique display of mind over matter that will keep the audience talking about you! Glacius - Pour some water into your hand and cause it to freeze solid! A streamlined approach to Elemental, Glacius is simply a beautiful effect.

Aug 31, 2007
California
Accidently submitted it?

I think not.

As for the effect... Sounds interesting. But why would you do that? What is the point of making water cold and than making it hot?

Keenan

Nov 1, 2007
As for the effect... Sounds interesting. But why would you do that? What is the point of making water cold and than making it hot?

For magic's sake.

Right now, there should be more to it. Some sort of flashy display of temperature change. Make the water bubble (palmed Alka-Seltzer :D) when it goes hot, maybe even foam over (except that has the risk of people thinking you slipped something in). Or maybe start warm and go to cold, a more dramatic change (if you can.) It just needs a strong visual or plot to go along with the sensation.

Mentalism? Have three spectators hold different cups. Two have nothing in them, one has a tea bag, or hot cocoa mix or something. Blindfolded, you pour water in each cup - to the spectator's surprise, two have cold water, and one a cup of hot tea.

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
Also, based on your last question... Let's ask a few more, shall we?

Why does the card keep rising to the top?

Why did he put a coin inside the bottle?

There is really no reason for most magic occuring, and that is no differentv for this effect. It is meraly an effect that can be demonstrated as sort of a "power of the mind" bit.

Thanks for your interest everyone! Glad you like my idea!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results