An INDECENT Question...

May 22, 2008
Glendora,CA
Hey guys (Please don't bash me for this...),
So when I was first starting out in magic, I tried to find all the magic tutorials I could find on YouTube (I'm sorry...I don't anymore) before I started using books and DVDs. At the time I had never heard of E or T11. I came across one of the smartest effects in the world and one of my favorites (Though I never perform it, I swear) which apparently was created by Wayne Houchin (So so soooooooo sorry Wayne!!!). It was Indecent. I was thinking of buying it for all the creators tips and stuff, but the fact of it being on YouTube has been stopping me. So I'm asking if anyone on these forums still performs Indecent and still gets good reactions from it, or should I stray away from it now because tons of ppl you have performed it too has seen it? Again I want to apoligize to the hardcore "STOP MAGIC EXPOSURE" guys and too Wayne Houchin. I'm terribly sorry, I had no idea you were selling it, I have not performed it, I swear. Answers would be greatly appreciated. Thx and do forgive me.:(

- Matt

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
Indecent is really a great trick i would still recommend getting the dvd i have it. It has so much more and Wayne teaches it perfectly remember Wayne knows the ins and outs of the effect this kid on youtube probably just wanted to know the trick and try be cool on youtube and has probably never even performed it. So i still recommend buying the dvd.

Nov 23, 2007
I still perform it, and I still get really great reactions, no one is going to search "indecent" on youtube because... you don't start the effect saying... "ok, this is indecent by Wayne Houchin" (you should, but... if exposure and tutorials weren't so easy to find, I will give the creators the credit they deserve... but, if you say the real name of an effect, everybody will search youtube for tutorials), I still perform it, don't do the exact same effect, change it, do it with business cards, for example, so, when somebody go to youtube and type "business card through ziplock, they will find nothing LOL...

don't be scare, perform it,

it depends also on the way that you perform...
don't just show a trick... show a miracle... nobody search miracles on youtube ;)

take care,
saludos desde Colombia

Jun 13, 2008
Tacoma, WA
How many people performing it and how old the trick is will not affect the reactions it gets. The biggest factor is in how you present it. That said, I don't do Indecent only because I don't know how. It is on my list of tricks to get soon, though. I know tons of people do it, yet it still gets a GREAT reaction when performed to me, hehe.

May 22, 2008
Glendora,CA
Hey thx guys, so I should get it still then... alright. But My wuestion is this: have you every performed it and someone knew how it was done? Have you ever gotten responces like, "Oh I saw that on YouTube" or something?

May 17, 2008
Hey There mate I do indecent all of the time and get great absolutly great reactions. My buddy Is a Proffecional magician at a 5star resort in hawaii and I totaly fouled him and I am 14 he is 35!

May 22, 2008
Glendora,CA
Yes, I perform it, and yes it gets reactions. But remember, performance is 75-80% of your reactions!

//Indecent Review//

Alright thx. So I guess i'll buy it then. So i'm asumming by your response that no one you performed it to has seen seen it on YouTube I guess. Great review by the way; I like how you use the word "Baggy" and Wayne uses the word "Sack" in the trailer. I should come up with my own term.... "Now i'll find your card using an unbiodegradable seethrough container..":rolleyes:

Apr 28, 2008
Alright thx. So I guess i'll buy it then. So i'm asumming by your response that no one you performed it to has seen seen it on YouTube I guess. Great review by the way; I like how you use the word "Baggy" and Wayne uses the word "Sack" in the trailer. I should come up with my own term.... "Now i'll find your card using an unbiodegradable seethrough container..":rolleyes:

99% of people you meet will never look magic up on Youtube, they simply don't care that much about it and have better things to do.

Don't worry about performing a magic trick just because it's on Youtube, it doesn't matter.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
99% of people you meet will never look magic up on Youtube, they simply don't care that much about it and have better things to do.

Don't worry about performing a magic trick just because it's on Youtube, it doesn't matter.

Agreed- don't worry about people looking up magic on the 'Tube... it very rarely happens.

Oh, and thanks for the compliment on my review. :cool:

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results