And All Will Be Consumed

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
Alright guys. You've all most likely seen Chris Wiehl's new release.
It's a very visual coin thru bottle. You can actually use sharpies, coins, keys, lipstick, etc.
If you haven't checked it out, head over to www.papercranemagic.com

The Review

Teaching: Chris goes over every single aspect/move in full detail, so you won't miss out on that.

Difficulty: I'll be blunt about this, like I was with Chris when I talked to him about it. AAWBC is ****in hard. I bought it to replace Infusion because Infusion with a snapple bottle was impossible. I ended up practicing AAWBC way more than I ever practiced Infusion. Don't expect to get this down in a few hours, or days even.

Looks: Weird to see a "Looks" section in a review. Anyway, AAWBC is like eye candy to your spectator. Hell, it even looks great to us.

Methods: There are two methods to this effect: Gimmicked, and impromptu. What I enjoyed about the impromptu method was that it looks EXACTLY the same as the gimmicked method. On the DVD, Chris says it's a little bit more "handley", but it's not. Well, I changed the motions so it looks more natural and ends up looking just like the gimmicked version. In fact, I showed Chris my handling and he said this: "Is that the impromptu method?" Made me feel all warm inside. Haha. Great job on the methods.

The Gimmick: What is there to say about this gimmick...Nothing really. It's completely natural looking and no one will notice it. I understand the reasoning for including it on the DVD but the impromptu method works just as well.

The Price: Here's where my issue lies. The DVD was $24.95 and ended up costing me $34.95 with standard shipping. What I think made it that costly was the fact that they're sending a gimmick to you, which is absurd. Really. You can make it in five minutes. No, you don't need to go out and buy anything. If you have a bottle, you can make it. Chris tells you how to make it. I didn't see why they wanted to ship out a gimmick.

Overall: Pick up this DVD. It's the best signed coin in bottle I've ever seen. The multitude of object thru bottles you can do with this is astounding. Chris, you've created the greatest coin thru bottle I've had the privilege to work with. Good job.

I can understand why you might be like, i can make a gimmick why did we include it. Well we did this for a few reasons. first because some people who are under age may not be able to get the things nessasary to build the gimmick. we dont need people with lawsuits and saying that we didnt provide any gimmicks. the other reason is so you could have a guide to see what it should look like. i personally made by hand and tested each one to make sure it is up to performance standard. so that is why the gimmick is included. for safety of others and convenience to those magicians who do not feel the need to make a gimmick.
thanks for the review tho!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Very great effect Chris. You've done a kickass job with it. I remember you holding up the bag of caps you had to "gimmick up" on TMS. My lord I would go insane if I had to do that myself. Major props for keeping that patience!

Jan 11, 2011
I can understand why you might be like, i can make a gimmick why did we include it. Well we did this for a few reasons. first because some people who are under age may not be able to get the things nessasary to build the gimmick. we dont need people with lawsuits and saying that we didnt provide any gimmicks. the other reason is so you could have a guide to see what it should look like. i personally made by hand and tested each one to make sure it is up to performance standard. so that is why the gimmick is included. for safety of others and convenience to those magicians who do not feel the need to make a gimmick.
thanks for the review tho!

Hi Chris,

can we put a card into the bottle?

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
The trick looks very nice, but I would like to know if any specific kind of bottle is required.

Sep 17, 2007
Including the gimmick is a very good idea. Why? Because many magicians simply don't like making stuff. They want to be able to do stuff "right out of the box". Nothing wrong with that, btw. But as someone who has released more than a few effects, I find I sell more when I include gimmicks with it, even if they are "easy" to make.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results