Anger Problems...

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
First of all, this isn't weird or not normal. I was the same way when starting out. I got very frustrated.

Just do the move nice and slow, and if you mess up, just take a deep breath and do it again. If a particular move is giving you a lot trouble, just stop doing it for a couple of weeks, when you start doing it again it'll be a bit easier. :)

-Vince

One thing you must absolutely do when you're flourishing is to stay calm and cool.

No, I mean, really. Dropping cards is normal. Everyone does it. Even Dan and Dave do it. People just starting out naturally drop more cards than others, but that is simply because they haven't gotten used to the grip of the move yet.

Anyone know the name of the move where you spread the deck on the back of your arm, then jerk it up and catch the whole lot in your palm?

Yes, I practiced that one for 3 hours straight, dropping the whole deck 8 times out of 10. Nevertheless, I just went to wash my hands whenever I felt a little sweaty at the palms.

It wasn't just the palms though; I was sweating all over XD

But I didn't get angry.

Perhaps you could project to the future. Think about when you practice hard enough, you'll eventually get as good as the professionals ;)

It is called an Armspread.

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
thanks for some of the constructive criticism, im not sure that 'getting angry over cards is silly' really helped, no offence, but some of the advice was good and im glad to see even a mod got angry, lol :p

cheers

Ok, flourishing takes a LOT of patience. When I started magic (not flourishing), I wanted to spring the cards but i couldn't. It took me maybe 1/4 year to get it right. The tip is (thats what i do) put the top right corner between the ring finger and the pinky. Your thumb ison the Bottom left corner. Use only the tip of the thumb to release it. Make sure don't sping them on the floor. You'll need your left hand to catch them (duh). Tryto fond the best position for you to catch it.

Jan 31, 2008
if you're really angry, just remember that you'll be quitting flourishing soon and you won't be bugged by it anymore.

Lol Trash.... If 'flourishing' make you angry then it seems like you have no reason to do it.... XCM for me is very soothing, if I'm angry I use it as therapy, and go into my room grab a deck and do mah stuff, and I'm calmed down until the next time I miss my Style Network special. However, when I drop a card try to perfect a one card brush, I don't get mad, I just cuss up a storm, but then again I use the F-word anyways sooooo.... maybe you should try swearing when you drop cards, it helps me?

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
[ ... ] maybe you should try swearing when you drop cards, it helps me?

Probably not the best habit to get into, lol.

Laymen: "Whoa, you're pretty good with cards, can you show me some stuff?"

Performer: "Sure!"

Performer drops a card.

Performer: "S**t! F**k! You f***ing ****!"

Laymen promptly craps himself.

Haha, I'm kidding. But still, swearing probably isn't the best way to go about it. ^^

-Vince

I have the same problem. I end up ripping the cards, or just throwing my deck across the room.

Obviously it's frustration leaking through and your just getting tired of doing the same thing over and over. What I do is watch T.V and practice. That way I never get bored.

#2 Listen to music and chew gum while you practice. That way your multi-tasking so much, you won't have enough silence to get frustrated.

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
lol, i like the second idea, and im glad someone else does the same thing, its not as if i have a severe mental problem, just frustration...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results