Another Christmas...

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Okay guys, you all are getting fed up with threads about Christmas. But I want some advice on the things im getting, plus any recommendations expanding from these items listed. I will also put an explanation of why I want these items.

1. Reflection by Bill Goodwin
I'm really intrigued by Bill's effects on this DVD, and think that it will greatly improve my card magic and add some amazing things to my repetoire.

2. By Forces Unseen by Earnest Earick/Written by Stephen Minch
The effects and sleights in this book look amazing. There's no way I cant think of how to do any of this, and I'm good at spotting flashes....but i couldn't really see any on the preview video.

3. The Paper Engine by Aaron Fisher
These sleights and tricks look like they can really help my card magic, as well as some techniques and effects I can add to my repetoire.

4. Genesis by Andrei Jikh
I'm starting out in cardistry, and I've tried D&D's stuff but i just can't get most of the stuff. This will help me out greatly in starting (so I've heard from most people)

5. Victorian Close-Up Pad
I've never had a surface to work on before, and I'm sick of dropping my cards onto dirty floors and tables when trying to learn something new. I want something that's going to last, unlike those cheap ones that tears up on the surface and wrinkles.

6. Card Clip
My decks warp while in my pocket. So it's simple, I need something to make them not warp as easily.

So that's it, any expansion or recommendations to these itmes listed will help me out greatly. Thanks!

Cheers,

Perceptiv3

P.S. Merry Christmas everyone! (Only less than 3 weeks!!!)

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Personally if I were you, (this is just my opinion) I would NOT be getting the victorian close up pad or the card clip.

Most strolling gigs you won't bother to take a close up pad and unless you are booking numerous close up gigs you can get by with a 20 dollar pad just as easily.

Card Clip...the reason I said to forget this is because I only perform with standard bikes and you can get them so cheaply now that you could go buy 30 decks of bikes for the price of one card clip. Sam's Club, Costco, Walmart, etc. I just saw Walmart yesterday was selling a combination pack of bikes, one red and one blue for $2.18
$1.09 for a nice deck is super.

Your other items look / sound good but I do not own any of them.

If you do not have Beyond Secrets by Sankey it is on sale right now for like $17.00 and is well worth it.
Also..Close Up: The Real Secrets of Magic David Stone's book is another great read you should get.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 20, 2009
Mumbai, India
Everything seems Great but i agree with reverhart on the pad...unless your doing many close up shows or something then u might need it...also when are you sick of "dropping" your cards i mean what are you trying when you drop them if its flourishes like vertigo and stuff i dont see how a pad could help

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results