Anyone review ''By forces unseen?''

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
Hey can anybody please post a complete review, of every trick if its possible of the book By Forces unseen by Stephen Minch please?

I have heard from the pros that its great and that thing, but I want an in detail review

Aris

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 1, 2008
Hey can anybody please post a complete review, of every trick if its possible of the book By Forces unseen by Stephen Minch please?

I have heard from the pros that its great and that thing, but I want an in detail review

Aris

That's kind of a ridiculous request, to have a review of EVERY trick in the book. I think that with maybe one or two exceptions, no one on these forums is really qualified or has the experience to make any comments on such a heavy book.

Long story short is that it's an interesting read, and if you're looking to expand your library and your knowledge of modern sleight of hand, you should buy it. If you're looking for 'practical' magic, or anything you're ever really going to perform, then you should probably skip it for now.

Sep 1, 2007
Florida.
That's kind of a ridiculous request, to have a review of EVERY trick in the book. I think that with maybe one or two exceptions, no one on these forums is really qualified or has the experience to make any comments on such a heavy book.
Respect.

What he says is true, you really don't want a piece of this book, you will most likely never use these effects for people, except maybe Proteus, but even that pushing it.

The stuff in the book is made to look as natural as possible, and the sacrifice of looking natural is that the moves are pretty dam.n difficult.

The only scenario I could see myself using these effects is if I was showing a fellow magi, especially the card fanactics, performing these effects is like a right of passage into becoming a full fledged card addict.

This is pretty much the cocaine of the card magic drug world :p

Nov 17, 2007
Yeah man. I agree with the above posts. If I did a review, it would say:

Trick 1: Too difficult to perform
Trick 2: Too difficult to perform
Trick 3: Too difficult to perform
etc.

The book is insane. The effects are the best you can get with impromptu card magic. But, the difficulty level is just way too high for average card punks (like most of us on here. Including myself) to perform. Srry. f you really want to know, just buy the book and see for yourself. Srry if this wasn't helpful.

Sep 3, 2007
Canada, Quebec
Yeah man. I agree with the above posts. If I did a review, it would say:

Trick 1: Too difficult to perform
Trick 2: Too difficult to perform
Trick 3: Too difficult to perform
etc.

The book is insane. The effects are the best you can get with impromptu card magic. But, the difficulty level is just way too high for average card punks (like most of us on here. Including myself) to perform. Srry. f you really want to know, just buy the book and see for yourself. Srry if this wasn't helpful.

There are a few controls in this book which I found very deceptive; but the tricks are still too difficult for me at the moment.

Sep 1, 2007
Houston TX
If you are into the good old "hard core" moves in card magic this book is perfect

now i dont do all the tricks in the book but they are not as bad as everyone says
(it just takes some practice ;))

So dont sweat it, you can get it from H&R magic books and Marshall should have it out to you asap

it is worth reading, and it definitely helps to be experience at card magic before you take a look in this book

hope this helps

P.S. if you want to talk my aim is on my profile!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results