Anything easier than Trilogy

Mar 27, 2008
I got myself the Trilogy by Dan and Dave, but the tricks there are too hard for me. I looked at the tutorials, but it's too hard. And if I would be doing them, I'd get caught. So name any easier tricks than there.

Dec 5, 2007
i thought they would be way too hard for me but after some practice i got them all down

because of this hard work my magic has elevated to a whole new level.

it totally worth the time

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
One hour ago, you said everything is too hard... 30 minutes later, you have everything down or almost down.

Don't be a youtuber and practice these effects, don't butcher them like some people have.

May 26, 2008
New Mexico
yeah i get hard effects and flourishes all the time that take me forever to master. If you dont put in the time your not going to get a lot of the newer flourishes and tricks.
Oh and one more thing . . . anyone else find it hard to understand when dan and dave do the whole "no talk" tutorials.

Mar 27, 2008
I asked for easier tricks not that the tricks in Trilogy are easy enough. I think I won't be learning any of them right now.

May 8, 2008
England
I always thought that the trilogy tricks would be very hard, but it seems that some people say that some of them are easy, as long as you practise.
So maybe just try the tricks mentioned in this thread, see how you're doing after a few weeks?

I think I might just buy a one on one, probably subway, and see how I do with some good practise. Good idea?

Sep 4, 2007
One hour ago, you said everything is too hard... 30 minutes later, you have everything down or almost down.

Don't be a youtuber and practice these effects, don't butcher them like some people have.

If I'm not wrong, Rasengan and ryanplunkett are two different people.

Sep 1, 2007
Here's some resources for you regarding beginner and intermediate material that is not only well taught, but also more than good enough to perform professionally - I know, because I do.

Greg Wilson's "Double Take" (Card Stunts and Pyrotechnic Pasteboards are more challenging but not too bad either)

John Guastaferro's "Brainstorm" DVDs - really, really good card magic.

Royal Road and Card College are excellent books teaching sleights and tricks.

As far the the trilogy goes, I've never worked through it, the material just doesn't appeal that much to me - lots of flash btu not much substance in many cases.

Cheers,
David.

Mar 27, 2008
I started learning the Hoffzy Osbourne. But I don't know how to do Shapeshifter and though what other changes can be used instead of shapeshifter?

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I started learning the Hoffzy Osbourne. But I don't know how to do Shapeshifter and though what other changes can be used instead of shapeshifter?

Shake Change/Erdnase (figure out how to get the cards in the right position... cough**KM Move**cough)/Flippant Move

You can do basically any color change you want, as long as you can manage to get the cards in the right positions.

Jan 14, 2008
philippines
practice

at first when i watched the tutorials it was really hard coz im not familiar with the slieghts thats been use but after awhile learning the move its really not that hard as i thought it was at first... just practice....

Sep 1, 2007
Rasengan, if you're asking questions like "what's a KM move" then you should be looking at some of the material that I suggested - it will be a ray of sunshine, I promise you!

Happy hunting
David.

Mar 27, 2008
I don't want to buy them. And that KM is probably some shorter version of some sleight. If I'd knew the full name, then there wouldn't be problem.

Mar 4, 2008
a easy one form trilogy is card across once u get one move its quite fun then go into card to mouth

Sep 2, 2007
You don't want to buy them? Why? Please don't let me answer that for you. It seems like you just want to learn 'tricks' and not magic.

Don't get caught up with the flourishy flashiness of the trilogy effects because they are definitely not basic card effects for the beginner. It takes lots of practice to achieve that level of graceful card handling. If you are truly serious about this art please heed Shodan's advice.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results