AoA?

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
I'm not quite sure who is making a big deal out of it, but if you mean telling him to use his own head and thoughts to discover gold from set of sacred books in magic since that's the point. Then yes I'm guilty. I don't bother taking punches Toby only to help enlighten those around me and if I discover something on the way then that's part of the path. And Nicki didn't we already discuus something on male nurses or am I having deja vu?

I don't know why she always use that example :)
Btw. I'm a male nurse... Irony?

Anyways, you are right. He will be more pleased if he found those gems in the book by himself. All I'm saying is that everyone are telling him that. And, to me, that is really obvious, and I think that he is not that stupid, and he can figure it out on his own.

My god, he only asked us to name few effects, and look at what this has turned into, lol.

Shane, you are right, I rest my case ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
theres been a thread on this [use the serch]

also, it's much more gratrifying, and educational, if you look through the books YOURSELF and find what YOU like.

Read the books. That's why you invested your money on them in the first place, right?

If you want to know my "fave", aren't you asking for somebody else's "fave"?

well, if someones gonna buy it and not gonna read them..then whats the point in owning them? really,

-Nikki

Oh, and just look at those... Not really helping the guy at all, just attacking him.
20 replies, and only one of those replies is actually a name of a trick from the books, which was the OP idea in the first place.

I feel you Toby I couldn't agree more with you. When I first got AoA I was mind baffled at how much information was really in those books. You know Toby this is off topic a bit but the " Books of Wonder", from Tommy Wonder are like that as well except it's a two book collection but man the info in those babies are true gems and what master craftsman he put into designing the effects in there as well. I suggest you guys get that collection as well. I will be selling em on my sight that's a definate in October. Look em up.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Wow, they wound awesome. He is one of my favorite magicians. I bet those books are real gold. Be sure to drop me an PM when you get them on your site.

/offtopic

Jul 16, 2008
somewhere in New York
I don't know why she always use that example :)
Btw. I'm a male nurse... Irony?

QUOTE]

i dont always use that example that is the first time ive ever used it to be honest. it was just one example heres another, male cheerleaders...not too many. im have tons of diff examples i could use=P

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
i dont always use that example that is the first time ive ever used it to be honest. it was just one example heres another, male cheerleaders...not too many. im have tons of diff examples i could use=P[/QUOTE]

I said that you use it all the time is more "figure of speech". I like to write just like I'm talking ;)

Yeah, male cheerleaders is one of them lol
But that doesn't count, because men can't even try to be one, it is like (in Joey's words, from friends) "women wanted to be a penis model", it's just not possible lol

There are many male nurses. But one other example would me, a made ( I don't know other word for it, it is the lady that cleans rooms in a hotel and in houses for money), or a male babysitter, etc. :)

Jul 16, 2008
somewhere in New York
Yeah, male cheerleaders is one of them lol
But that doesn't count, because men can't even try to be one, it is like (in Joey's words, from friends) "women wanted to be a penis model", it's just not possible lol

you would be suprized! there are many male cheerleaders...tht might come as a shock. ive been tought by some..at a camp last summer...they were better than me and ive been cheerleading forever.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
you would be suprized! there are many male cheerleaders...tht might come as a shock. ive been tought by some..at a camp last summer...they were better than me and ive been cheerleading forever.

Oh, I know what you mean. I was thinking that you meant cheerleaders from NBA in example. Cause that would be impossible lol

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
Im really sick of people posting reply's, telling the thread starter not to post the thread. My god, either answer the mans question, or dont. top telling him to use the search, and stop telling him theres been other threads.

PS. i dont have the books yet, so i cant answer that question.

peace

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
Im really sick of people posting reply's, telling the thread starter not to post the thread. My god, either answer the mans question, or dont. top telling him to use the search, and stop telling him theres been other threads.

PS. i dont have the books yet, so i cant answer that question.

peace

Stop telling us to stop telling him.

pwnD

-Michael

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Oh stop it guys, it's just a silly forum post.

I personally don't see the problem with asking someone to use the search button - when you're around the forums enough and get to the third time typing the exact same answer, you can understand why this would be said - but try to provide some information yourself also.

Sep 17, 2008
Maryland
I really don't see the point of going off topic so much.

Also notice that he hasnt responded once to this thread when everyone started repeating themselves and jumped on him for asking a question. That doesn't seem like a very welcoming place to be part of. I understand praetoritevong's point in using the search to look for things, it can be frustraiting, but simply helping someone out by saying "Hey, I think you should just read the book first...I don't really have any suggestions except that. Use the search button next time and you may find better results." would get a better reaction than slamming someone.

Regardless.....

If I were to suggest a trick to look at (I think it's in volume 1) there is a trick that is called (omething like)ard under glass, hich I always thought was very cool. I never practiced it enough to become good at it, but maybe I will revisit it sometime soon. I am at work right now so I can't really look at the book and tell you the exact name, sorry.

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
Oh stop it guys, it's just a silly forum post.

I personally don't see the problem with asking someone to use the search button - when you're around the forums enough and get to the third time typing the exact same answer, you can understand why this would be said - but try to provide some information yourself also.

I understand that, but you spend more time saying use the search, and less time typing your answer out.

or just dont respond at all, you dont have to answer every thread

Oct 9, 2008
Gardena,CA
You may find this surprising, but it's not our place to tell him what to do with his books. If he only wants to read tricks that we recommend, than that's his decision, not ours.
If you want to help him, than help him. And no, saying "reading the whole book will help him" is not a help. He is not retarded, he knows that. He was just asking a simple question.
You guys need to lay of soap operas for a few days...

and thats all i wanted

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results