Are the monarch really good??

Mar 31, 2017
I have bought a deck of monarch recently and I have taken a lot of care with it.But with all those precautions i've taken, it doesn't fan and doesn't feel good in the hand.It's been less than a months when I got and i was very excited but now I am disappointed.Is the problem with the deck or did I do something wrong?

I found the bicycle to be way better than the monarch but I dont know if there is something wrong with my deck.please let me know what to do.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
I have bought a deck of monarch recently and I have taken a lot of care with it.But with all those precautions i've taken, it doesn't fan and doesn't feel good in the hand.It's been less than a months when I got and i was very excited but now I am disappointed.Is the problem with the deck or did I do something wrong?

I found the bicycle to be way better than the monarch but I dont know if there is something wrong with my deck.please let me know what to do.
Same with me, got mine yesterday. Fans great yesterday but now today, it just doesn't feel the same.
There are two main culprits that cause a deck of cards to clump, even if it is brand new: humidity, and dirt/oil. Playing cards are made of paper, so they are not invincible to the elements and the climate. Because card stock is made of paper, if exposed to a humid climate or dirt/oils from your hands, it will cause them to clump. The best way to avoid a new deck clumping is by storing your cards in the card box in a cool environment, and if you have sweaty/dirty hands, it is best to wash them before using. Over time the oils and dirt from your hands will stick on the cards, and that causes them to clump. Try to avoid those situations if you want to extend the life of your deck.

Mar 31, 2017
There are two main culprits that cause a deck of cards to clump, even if it is brand new: humidity, and dirt/oil. Playing cards are made of paper, so they are not invincible to the elements and the climate. Because card stock is made of paper, if exposed to a humid climate or dirt/oils from your hands, it will cause them to clump. The best way to avoid a new deck clumping is by storing your cards in the card box in a cool environment, and if you have sweaty/dirty hands, it is best to wash them before using. Over time the oils and dirt from your hands will stick on the cards, and that causes them to clump. Try to avoid those situations if you want to extend the life of your deck.
I always wash my hands before using my deck.This shouldn't be happening.I use the bicycle more often and it fans and still feels good.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
I did breaking it in but it still doesn't feel good. Do you think i should use fanning powder??
No, never use fanning powder unless it is for a cardistry stage performance (its not good stuff for your cards, it gets rid of the finish). Sometimes you just get a bad deck, it happens from time to time (though TXI prints on Q1 so it is very rare). Sometimes, it only clumps because one card is off. Try and locate that one card. Do you live in a humid or dusty area, if so, you may want to store your cards in a clean and dry area in the future.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results