Are the standard Bicycle decks that T11 sells classic Rider Backs or the new Standards?

Jul 29, 2013
Hello everyone,

I had been a card magic/deck enthusiast for years and recently my passion for it was reignited. I've been going through my old collection, learning new tricks and flourishes, and just getting myself acquainted with everything new in the past couple years.

Despite my decent collection of playing cards, most of them are "collectors" cards or just very high quality, and I realized I don't actually have any good practice decks. I'm making do with a somewhat worn out Ghost deck (man, those things hold up). I know I really do need at least a pair of classic Bicycle Playing Cards, and I was wondering if these ones found at the Theory11 are still the classic Rider Back decks with the old boxes. Some of the comments mention how they're happy Theory11 still sells the old one, but some of them are from like 2013 and I was wondering if it's still the case.

If so, I'm going to order some this instant. I used to have several old Rider Backs (and about a dozen of the new Standard ones that I dislike), but a lot of them just got worn out from playing games with them and whatnot.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Hello everyone,

I had been a card magic/deck enthusiast for years and recently my passion for it was reignited. I've been going through my old collection, learning new tricks and flourishes, and just getting myself acquainted with everything new in the past couple years.

Despite my decent collection of playing cards, most of them are "collectors" cards or just very high quality, and I realized I don't actually have any good practice decks. I'm making do with a somewhat worn out Ghost deck (man, those things hold up). I know I really do need at least a pair of classic Bicycle Playing Cards, and I was wondering if these ones found at the Theory11 are still the classic Rider Back decks with the old boxes. Some of the comments mention how they're happy Theory11 still sells the old one, but some of them are from like 2013 and I was wondering if it's still the case.

If so, I'm going to order some this instant. I used to have several old Rider Backs (and about a dozen of the new Standard ones that I dislike), but a lot of them just got worn out from playing games with them and whatnot.

We ONLY sell the old Rider Back design. The Standard version is OK, but is not good for some magic tricks so we don't sell them. We like the classic Rider Back much more, and it is the only version we stock.

// L

Jul 29, 2013
Aaand this is why I love this company. If I may ask, do Bicycle still manufacture the old Rider Backs and sell them regularly (I'm not in the States or anywhere else Bicycle sells cards), or do Theory11 have them personally ordered/made?

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Aaand this is why I love this company. If I may ask, do Bicycle still manufacture the old Rider Backs and sell them regularly (I'm not in the States or anywhere else Bicycle sells cards), or do Theory11 have them personally ordered/made?

US Playing Card currently sells TWO main versions of the Bicycle deck. One is the "Standard" deck that nobody in the magic community seems to like, and the other is the version we carry. They aren't made for us, but that is all we buy. The old design is still available for sale from US Playing Card. I don't think they offer individual decks for sale, but they do offer it wholesale so other companies can purchase them too if they choose.

// L

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results