Arrcos, Red JAQK , Sentinels problem?

Nikolay Karagyozov

Elite Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hello .I wanted to ask you guys about these decks.
A while ago (when they released DECKONE v1) i bought myself a brick of them and of the Sentinels. It was long time ago and i didnt know much and didnt care for quallity (only for the looks and design) but it happened again. My Sentinels playing cards werent as good as the DECKONE - they feel like they have dust inbetween them - they stick, they dont fan , they clumb etc.
Then i bought some green/black Arrcos and i had the same problem - they felt like a cheap deck (dont get me wrong i dont compare them to the other decks) but handled not so bad. After an hour with them - same problem - dusty,sticky and so on.
I got my RED JAQKS a week ago and they felt amazingly out of the box - but again after a while - the same thing happened.
So i'd rather ask - is there a problem with the decks - is the finish not as good in the KY as it was in Cinnicnaty or is the problem from me : Problably i dont threat them properly or i dont know handle them correctly.
I dont have that issue with Stingers ,Deckone , DND cards or regular bikes,tallies.

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
Hm...well that could be a number of different things. It could have something to do with where you use them, what condition your hands are in, different finishes, different stocks, etc. And define "After a while", do you mean in an hour or so? Or a few weeks?

Nikolay Karagyozov

Elite Member
Jun 22, 2012
I couple of hours... 2 or 3 ? Sometimes less.
Its not so humid here (Bulgaria) and well the weather conditions are just fine (meaning that other decks dont have the same problem)
Normaly i wash my hands before i open a deck of cards - im just excited bout the cards and i take care of them.
Its just that these 3 decks that are giving me trouble - The Arrcos are cheap and were a fair deal of ebay so i can't say their stock is great or 'proven' but Sentinels and JAQK are T11 decks and all the reviews and comments were possitive. They dont work so good for me and its puzzeling me.
Thanks for the response! : )

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
Well, that's odd. There's no reason for the "Out of Box" feel to give out in a few hours. Washing your hands might actually be damaging in some cases, believe it or not. Any kind of moisture can be extremely bad for a deck of cards. Focus more on drying your hands, rather then just cleaning them. The weather doesn't really matter unless you happen to practice outside, which I doubt. I notice a huge difference in the quality of my cards when I'm in my room with the fan on. Not sure why, but I don't question it. What kind strain do you put the decks through? Thumb Fans and Faros? or Pressure Fans and Riffle Shuffles? And no problem, anything to help.

Nikolay Karagyozov

Elite Member
Jun 22, 2012
What i basically do to break into the deck is the following - Riffle shuffles, pressure fans (Under pressure), Le Paul spread, Waterfall , Thumb fans , Thumb spring , and farros. I do this for an hour and well the other decks become perfect for performance(not the slippery out of the box feel ,but just a smooth and gentle feel) but these 3 decks just fail and well become dusty or sandy.
The way the dirt sticking to them is very odd as well.I might post a video showing you probably it will help.

Okay here is the video showing what i mean
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMKsEMTZPOY

Last edited by a moderator:

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
Any kind of pressure based move will bend your cards and make the deck uneven. I rarely even use them anymore, I usually just use a couple Faros and a few 4 packet cuts to break the deck in. Springs are easily corrected, you just bend the deck the other way when you're finished springing so the cards aren't bent anymore. Are you using them in a dusty area? That would explain the fanning problem. If not, then it may just be the deck of cards. Are you sure you read as many reviews as possible? I'm scrolling through the reviews for the Sentinels and they're about 5-6 people saying that they started to clump and stopped fanning. The Arrcos are also plastic coated and that sometimes affects the fanning and spreading. They are more for cuts and springs, rather than spreading and fans.

Nikolay Karagyozov

Elite Member
Jun 22, 2012
It must be the deck ,because im not using them in a dusty area or place :D .The JAQK reviews were great, and well these bends in the cards dont affect much the spreads and fans if you ask me. Ive tallies that work just perfectly .
It just makes me wonder why do these decks fail...Ive always enjoyed great quallity from the T11 decks

Nikolay Karagyozov

Elite Member
Jun 22, 2012
I already said that its not so humid here.. And well other decks handle great, just these 3.So i guess the weather is out of consideration. I'd guess that its just the cards - their stock and quallity

May 26, 2012
I've had the same problem with a couple deck, so I just left them in their box for a couple days in a cooler environment and they were fine, sorry if this didn't help

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results